Ikea was a bad idea

You know how going to Ikea is the ultimate test for couples? Well, Tori and I went to Ikea not knowing what chaotic things will happen. In fact, when we entered the store with our hands together and swinging them I saw an employee looking at us sympathetically. They were giving us a sign saying "good luck". Though, we managed to pull through (with many fights over one book shelf) and it wasn't fun for both of us (except for lunch).

One book shelf almost cost us our relationship. Seeing how close we were done imagining making the shelf would destroy us. We did pick some smaller accessory for houses which we agreed on, but the bigger furniture and had problems. We argued about what kind of wood it should be or what style it should look like. I rather not have for the sake of us. I think Ikea profit form breaking couples up than money.

Again, we somehow managed to pick one (emphasizing one because I swear to god Tori looked like she was going to buy all of it) book case. The trip back from Ikea cooled us down and we said our apologies and promised that we would never again to Ikea till we are in our 3rd year of marriage.

Everything was nice and all till the unboxing. We tried to keep everything organized but our dog Sam just did what we didn't want. Once we made sure that absolutely everything was cleared and organized we began the operation.

First, the tools. Not bad, we only need 4 things; that one screw that looks like a minus and a plus, hammer, and a pencil? Whatever, makes sense kinda. Aww look that the people in the book. Ha they recommend doing with someone else.

"So the first thing we do is stick the wooden pegs in the shelf part," Tori instructs me.

"Okay, that's easy enough what's next,"

"You gotta screw in this one bolt in the side walls," wow Tori so much for details.

"Babe, you gotta tell me more besides 'that one bolt'" Tori just rolls her eyes at me and points to the correct bolt.

I followed what she previously said and bolted things down to a wooden wall.

"Next, we need to uh... Stick the shelf with the wooden pegs to the side thing you just put together"

"We? Huh, cause it looks like I'm doing more of the work," I said scoffed.

"Hey! Someone has to read the instructions you know. Besides, treating a lil grouch kisses a big job too." Tori justified.

I hummed at Tori following her confusing instructions praying that I'm building this right.

"Okay, this step is pretty easy. You just have to bolt it down."

"What's next?" I asked finishing up the last bolt.

"Let's see, it says to put on the other side of the shelf then screwing it down"

Sounds easier than done. I struggled to put the side wall down and screwing it in was harder. I was screwing the last set down when I realized that it was missing.

"Hey, babe....have you seen another screw like this," I pointed out.

"Oh no, are we missing one?"

We scrambled up looking for it, ending up searching for the screw for a half an hour.

I continued to screwing in the last screw with clear panic laced in our faces.

"8 steps out of 14 down. Marking down the half way point"

"Marking down the half way point" I repeating Tori bewilderedly. Why on earth would we need to do that?

"It's for the back board so we can nail it in for the support"

"That's dumb"

"No, that makes sense"

"Fight me"

I hammered down all the nails in their appropriate places and wiped the sweat off my face.

"Are we done yet," I whined form all the work I've done.

"Shh, now you have to screw in the extra places where the rest of the shelf will be placed on."

"Huh?" I slumped down next to Tori on the couch.

"This," she pointed out to me on the illustrated manual.

"Ugh, can we just get your brother to do this? I think her would be more than happy to do it," I brought a better idea than finishing the shelf.

"Hmm, yeah I think that's a good idea. Here why don't you take a break and get something to eat while I call him up"

I can build a better sandwich than a shelf. We left everything in the living room for Noah to deal with.

Maybe Ikea was a bad idea period.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When it's almost midnight and you have to go back to school in the morning D: (also very screwed because I didn't do any homework)

Idk probably going back to normal update schedule 1 every 3 days. Yeah slow updates but ehh blame school nobody got time.

Have a great day and stay strong