Part 19

From: Bailey Prescott >

To: Lucas Garver >

__________________________________________________

Greek God...hmmm

July 19, 2012 at 11:57PM

___________________________________________________

Dear Lucas,

I ordered the movie you suggested and watched it with my sisters. They especially liked the prostitute part where she insists that one of the men is going to be too large. They also decided that they would stay away from Texas, since after all, only two good thing come from Texas and their mother has made them vegetarians. Why waste their time, right?

Just kidding of course, you bought the girls some movie about fairies. They love it and have watched it at least ten times since I first put it on. I never thought I'd be so happy to watch a new movie on repeat, but I feel like movies don't lose their shine until the 50th time now. One day if I ever become a prisoner and they want to torture me by playing something repetitively, they are going to be sorely disappointed when I don't cave and give up ay secrets.

I've been thinking about those boxes you are sorting. What is going to happen to them all? Do you have a place to put the items you want to keep or do you have to give everything up? ---Wait; don't tell me the answer if it's the latter because I won't be able to handle it. I might just hijack my stepmother's minivan and drive to Pensacola to save the boxes you don't want to give up. And that would be very embarrassing. Her van has a million of those stick figure family stickers. On a side note, I really don't think each of their pets needs to be represented, do you?

You asked if I ever think about what it would be like if my dad never left. I realized tonight that he did the right thing. Maybe not the way he did it, but the leaving part of it. He and my mother weren't in love anymore and he had long ago made a choice when it came to building a relationship with me or building an empire. I used to think he chose the selfish option, money over me, but I've been thinking more about it since you asked and I think maybe his choice wasn't selfish after all. He moved away and only requested me during long breaks from school. I've watched my friends who also have divorced parents bounce back and forth during the week. I never had to be in the middle of my parents and I was able to rest my head on the same pillow on the same bed every night.

It's time for me to go to bed now and recharge so I have the energy to survive tomorrow. I'm thinking of you and wondering what you're doing right at this moment. If I were with you, I'd order us a pizza because it sort of fixes everything...and because much like your alcohol conundrum, pizza isn't going to eat itself.

Love,

Bailey

Top 5 Guesses of Your Middle Name

1. Atlas

2. Ares

3. Poseidon (my sisters will want to know if you've ever met Ariel)

4. Zeus

5. Eros (wink wink)

****Please remember to vote and share! Have a guess as to his middle name?