Part 57

Lucas

I was so fucking nervous. I stood in the airport in my uniform, not even caring that I should have probably changed into civilian clothes. I just wanted to see her. My heart was pounding, bouncing off my ribs and pumping blood so quickly through my body I could almost hear it in my ears. She was almost there.

I found myself crossing my arms and leaning back on my heels as I waited for her. I hated that place. I hated that every time I'd been there over the last few years I had just left her. It made my already nervous stomach flip and flop like a fish out of water. Breathing out, I told myself to calm down or I'd completely trample her when she walked through that door.

I could see the display above the ground crew change to the arrival announcement and I thanked God her flight was on time. I would not be able to wait one extra minute. Through the window I watched as her plane pulled up to the gate and my lips curled so high my cheeks hurt. I loved that woman!

The big door opened and the first few passengers were let off. I knew her ticket sat her near the middle of the plane, but it didn't stop my eyes from jumping from person to person to see if I could catch a glimpse. I was a wreck. A few more passengers exited and my patience slowly dwindled. Why was it taking so long for her to get to me?

Then it happened. "She stepped off a of crowded plane in a sea of tired travelers, and right into my heart." Our story was being written right in that moment. Our lives being so perfectly woven together that no one would be able to tear them apart. We weren't a quick read—no, we were a classic. Our love story was one that would be told for years. She was made for me.

Her long hair was down and flowing around her shoulders. It was longer again, the small reminder of the time that had passed since I'd last seen her. Her face was fresh without make-up and I wanted to kiss every inch of it. I wanted to press my lips to her forehead, kiss each temple tenderly and then work my way to those lips that dreams were made of. Especially my dreams.

She hadn't seen me yet, but her eyes were scanning the crowd, desperately searching for me and just seeing that made my chest swell with a possessiveness I'd never felt before. Then they were on mine. Her beautiful eyes connected with me from across the way and I saw how important that moment was for her too. Her smile grew, that irresistible little tongue peeking out to wet her lips. She was killing me.

I was moving before I'd even realized it. I was pulled to her like a magnet, the world around us fading out so that only she was in my path. I couldn't get to her fast enough. I was frantic to pull her to me, to smell her and taste her again and most of all to hold the weight of her in my arms. She was there with me. It was real.

Her arms were around my neck and our lips were connected. I picked her up as if it was my only purpose in life, and finally felt a small amount of relief when her lips pressed to mine. It was a beautiful mess of lips and tongue, hands and body. We clung to each other and pushed out anyone and anything else. I lifted her with ease, her legs wrapping around my waist possessively. It didn't matter to us that we were in public. It didn't matter that we hadn't seen each other or that this moment couldn't last forever. All that matter was that she was mine and I was hers and we were finally fucking together.

***Please vote and share!