Part 54

From: Lucas Garver>

To: Bailey Prescott>

_____________________________________

It's happening

December 1, 2013 at 6:48 AM

______________________________________

Dear Bailey,

I feel like I've been punched in the heart. I'm so sorry things aren't going to be the way we planned. I don't know what this universe has against us being together, but I won't let it win. You are coming to me and I'm going to make sure I hold you so tight that no force on Earth could pull us apart.

I've made us reservations at a hotel in town. I'm warning you that the feeling around here is very morose. There are a lot of young families that are saying goodbye and since it's a military town, it seems like everyone is affected in some way. Don't let it sink beneath your skin. It's a dark heavy feeling that's moved in, but it's going to clear up as soon as all of our boots are back on American soil at the end of this tour. I want you to remember that when I'm gone.

When you get off that plane, our meeting will be the first of many hours that we're going to spend together. If I have it my way, we're going to see so much of each other you're going to be sick of me. I'm going to start working on that right away. I'm going to make sure I'm always touching you, whether it's just holding your hand and sweeping your bangs from those beautiful eyes or the way I'm going to hold you at night so close you won't know where you start and I stop. I'm going to fall deeper in love with you every breath that you breathe while you're here.

I called and told Derek about the deployment this morning. He didn't handle the news very well. He's trying to be brave, but I know his fear is eating him up. He's the first person I had to list as next of kin. He knows what that means and I could tell he's terrified. I wish I could help ease that for him, but we both know we are it for each other. I need you to know that I've handled everything if something was ever to happen to me. I wouldn't make him make those decisions. I'm giving you an envelope with all that information to take home with you. Don't open it. I'm hoping you will never have to read what's inside. If I have it my way, that envelope will one day find itself at the bottom of a safe in our closet. We might even forget it's there, lost in the important paperwork like our house deed and marriage license (and our children's birth certificates....come on, making babies with you would be so fun).

Make sure you bring your license and birth certificate so I can get you on base if I need to.

I love you. I love you. I want you. I need you. But most of all, I'm in love with you. Come here and let me show you.

Love,

Lucas

P.S. Dear Diary,

I'm in love with a girl from California. She's sexy as hell and so soft to touch. I think about her everyday, and dream about her at night. I'm in love with this girl because of the way she smiles, and the way her glasses slip down her nose as if they are as desperate to get to her lips as I am. I love the way she didn't trust a stranger, but opened her heart to let me be her friend. This weekend I'm going to make her my lover. And then, we're going to hold hands and flip off the universe because nothing has the power to stop this love we've found.

<AirlineTickets.pdf>

*****I LOVE YOU GUYS!!! You are the best readers! Dear Bailey has had 50K new reads since yesterday...and the day is just beginning. Thank you so much for your support and the amazing comments after each sections. I promise I read each and every one of them. Please remember to tag me in any posts about Dear Bailey!