Part 23

From: Bailey Prescott >

To: Lucas Garver >

__________________________________________

Name Calling

July 22, 2012 at 5:37PM

__________________________________________

Dear Lucas,

I don't think I've ever rushed to turn on my laptop so fast in my life. It's been a few days since I was able to be connected to that outside world. I have no idea how people survived without cell phones. What the hell did they do? The first day back I depleted my battery in three hours refreshing all of my apps. Are you as connected to your phone as I am?

I have been thinking a lot about those letters. Have you read them yet? I'm hoping you will share some with me. It would be like reading a romance only knowing that it really happened. That will make the story so much more exciting. I've read a lot of love stories, but they all have some element that makes them seem fake. Sometimes the guy is too good to be true, or there is some over-the-top reason why they can't be together. I think it would be special to read a true-life love story.

I've also been thinking about your brother (and I thought of a million ways to bring that up but they all sounded equally as creepy as that just did). Tell me a little more about him and how it is to be so far away. I never had a sibling growing up until my sisters came along. I don't know what it's like to be close to someone like that. I guess I'm assuming you guys are close. Am I right?

Know what else I've been thinking about? You. A lot if I'm honest. I think about you so much through out the day that it's starting to feel like I know you better than I do. This will sound crazy but I'm throwing it out there---we had a virtual date after all—I think your becoming my closest friend. It wouldn't be hard to do. I don't let a lot of people in. Something about the way we you were when we were together has disarmed me. I feel like I can tell you anything. Maybe it's just that I don't have to look into your eyes when I share it, or have to have the confidence to say it live to you. I get to hide behind this computer and treat you like a diary that can talk back; a diary that I can trust with my biggest secrets. So...

Dear Diary,

I like a boy named Lucas. I like the way he shaved his face and how great he looked in that uniform. I like how he offered me his elbow to hold onto like the gentleman in old movies always did. I like that he was brave enough to serve his country and how strong he must have been to make that decision after losing his mother. I like that he thinks about me when he orders pizza and how he thinks he can keep his middle name a secret. And most of all, I like the way it felt when kiss me and I hope one day he'll do it again.

Love,

Bailey

P.S. Your mom was awesome! I'm a little sad I missed hearing the hot-for-professor story straight from her. I think we would have gotten along just fine!

Heracles? Pontus? You should tell me soon or I'll assume it's URANUS, God of the sky and the heavens. Lucas Uranus Garver...it kind of has a ring to it.  

*****Bailey is sharing her secrets with her dairy (wink wink)....what are some of yours? #DearDiary Share in the comments or tweet me (at)SarahWhiteWrite or on Facebook or Instagram! Can't wait to read them!