Chapter 3

"Ms. Maraj, can you step into my office? We need to discuss some issues." My boss asked me.

"Yes, sir." I don't know what he could possibly want to discuss with me considering that I have been working here for 24 hours.

Wasting more time I got from my seat and followed him into his office.

(...)

"I think that's about it for now, all we have to do is reorganise next week's schedule."

There was a knock on the door, but Drake completely ignored it.

"Someone's at the door." I said.

"Don't worry about them. The door is locked."

"Drake? Are you in there?" The person, sounded like a woman, said. "Is there a woman in there with you? Open up."

She knocked again.

Drake sighed as he went over to unlock the door. I stood there fixing some random papers that were laying around on his desk.

"Hey." The woman greeted as she walked pass the door.

"Hey Angela." He returned so sarcastically that even made me want to laugh.

"What took you so long to open the door for me?"

"We had important stuff to discuss..."

"Who's she?" I heard Angela asking, knowing she could only be referring to me.

"Oh, yes! I'd like to introduce you to my new assistant, Onika. Onika, this is my.... Wife, Angela." Drake introduced us.

I looked directly at her and smiled. Caramel skin, I'd say tall as me. Big ass, big titties, curves for days... She had on a pair of red skinny jeans, teamed with a black leather cropped jacket and stark white boots.

I walked up to her and held my hand to for her to shake.

"Pleasure to meet you Mrs. Graham."

"Nice meeting Onika. It's about time Drake finds a a friendly assistant."

"What was wrong with the other ones?" He asked confused.

"The other didn't smile and were too cranky to even say hello."

Drake huffed. He didn't agree at all. But hey, who's better to analyse these things than a woman.

"I like you Onika... Anyway, I'm about to head out Drake."

"Leaving so soon? What did you want?" He asked her.

"Oh nothing much. It can wait. Bye." She didn't even turned around to wave goodbye, just left the room just like that. That's a bad birch attitude right there.

"Tell her that I like her too."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah... She cool... Back to work." He said with his hands m on my shoulders guiding out of the office. What is it with him kicking me out of his office like that?

"But we were just working in here."

"Now go work on your desk. Don't forget to send me the schedule you come up with before 5pm."

And I'm out of office just like that again. Why does he act like that? And why salty towards his wife? That's' none of my business though.

The rest of the day went smoothly. Andrea offered me a ride home in her Audi R8 Spyder. I felt rich for those 30 minutes of drive.

***

"Good morning Onika." I looked up to see Angela with a big smile on her face.

"Hello Angela. How are you?"

"I'm good, and you?"

"I'm fine, thank you."

"You're confused as to why I'm talking to you." Not really hit I'm curious. I made a more or less with my hand trying not to be rude.

"Well, I just came to see how things are working around here. It's a monthly thing I do."

"Oh." Yes, she's shareholder. How could I forget that. She's a co-founder of MaBelle but Drake's been the chairman since its foundation. Five years and the brand is big success.

"So where do you want to start from?"

"I was thinking of going to check on Drake and take you to do the rest of the place with you 'cause, you know, you're new here."

"I would love too, but I'm not sure if I can leave my post."

"Don't worry about, I'll take care of that."

She sassily barged in into my Drake's office. I quietly laughed because I knew that would piss him off. I continued what I was previously doing and in a few minutes Angela came back.

"Come on, Onika. Let's go."

"You talked to Mr. Graham about it? He's letting me go with you?"

"Yeah, he said it's a great opportunity for you to get to know the place better."

We practically took a whole hour doing a tour around here. We passed by numerous offices, I got to know more people and some directors. Some were nice, some were grumpy, some didn't even address me, just receptive to Angela because they knew she had influences over the company. I even got to see Andrea, she's MaBelle's image consultant. That explains her fashionable looks, and so the brand's.

"How are you liking here so far?"

"I'm falling in love with this. When I came here I was just looking for job, I wasn't expecting to find this much comfort too."

"That's great to hear. Do you use MaBelle?"

"Of course, I have a bit of everything."
MaBelle is specialised in fashion accessories, perfumes and ready-to-wear clothes. My favourite item is this perfume my friend Lauren got me on for my birthday two years ago.

After my little break was over she walked me back to my desk I and carried on my work with maximin speed in case Mr. Grumpy got mad that I was hanging out with his wife instead of assisting him. It's still my training week so I'm not really that worried.

Right when I finished it all, the telephone on desk started ringing so I answered the call."

"Ms. Maraj, can you bring me a cup of coffee, please." My boss asked.

"I'm on it, sir."

I hopped in the elevator and went all the way down to the cafeteria and order the coffee.

"Whose name do you want me to put this on?" The lady asked.

"Drake Graham."

She looked at me like was asking me if I'm sure. I just crossed my arms hoping she would take he cue that she was taking too long.

A few minutes later she brought me a tray with a cup of cappuccino, sugar cubes a cookies aside. Does he like this? Oh well...

I made it back to the top floor, didn't even bother to knock on the door, it was half opened anyways.

"I'm sorry Mr. Graham, I forgot to ask you how do you like your coffee." I said I placed the tray in front of him.

"It's okay, the staff knows how I like my coffee."

He slowly took a sip of it, not once taking his eyes off of me.

"Anything else you want, Mr. Graham?"

"No, that would be all."

I gave him nodded signalling that I was leaving. I turned around and made my way to the door, making sure it was a slow and somehow sexy walk. I could still feel his intense stare in the back of my head.

Once in the doorframe, I stepped outside and before I closed the door I made sure we had one last eye contact.