Chapter 5

"Nicki." That voice...

"Hey, Angela." I said stopping what I was doing to have her my attention.

"Oh hush, it's Chyna for you."

"Sorry, force of habit." I said as I got up to give her a hug. "Do you want me to tell Drake you're here?"

"Don't need to. I came for you. You hungry?"

"Yeah, I actually am... Why?"

"Good. Let's go the the Starbucks around the corner to get something."

"But I'm not on my break yet."

"Oh please. Your boss is my husband. When did I not get you off the hook."

"Okay, lemme just finish sending this report."

(...)

We were seated on one of the tables on the outside having a classic latte and some chocolate croissants.

"Girl you won't believe what happened yesterday." Angela said.

"What?"

She looked to the sides making sure nobody essaying to snoop. "Drake went out to dinner last night with some girl."

I'll be dames, how did she know?

"Are you sure it wasn't some business dinner? You know he's been busy closing contracts lately."

"Positive. I know him for as long as I can remember, he doesn't act like that unless it's about a woman."

"How can you be so sure. Have you find any evidence?"

"Absolutely. He doesn't do that kind of things for me anymore. Plus, his jacket smelled like perfume. I have to admit though, the bitch has some good taste." She said checking her nails up like she just had them done.

"So, what are you planning to do?"

"That's were you come in. I need to spy on him."

"I'll see what I can do. But I'm telling in advance, I don't think I'm going to find out much."

"That little will be enough... Anyway, how's everything with that boyfriend of yours."

"Chyna, I don't have a boyfriend." I said for the hundredth time. Ever since that day she saw my wallpaper which was a picture of Safaree giving me a kiss on my left dimple on my birthday last year. My friend Lauren had taken that picture unawarely and it turned out to be one of my favourites from that day.

"Sure you have. That hunky who you live with." She winked.

"He's just my friend."

"Your boy friend doe..."

"No... Just a friend."

"A friend... Who happens to be a boy."

"Chyna..." I rolled my eyes at her.