Chapter 22

I blink a few times before realising I was in a hospital. I wasn't in the comfortable of a king size bed I had accosting myself to.

The lights were blinding my eyes but I still fought them. As my vision got focused, I see a doctor, a nurse and Drake with half smiles across formed on their lips and sympathy written on their faces.

"What happened?" I try to say, but I feel my voice not flowing like I was expecting. Maybe it would be due to my weak and fragile state I was in or the effects of the probable amount of medication I was given.

"You fell off the stairs. We're at the hospital." Drake calmly and attentively said. I slowly start to recall a few loose moments from not sure how long ago.

"What about the baby? Is it okay?" I asked rubbing my stomach, completely dismissing the fresh heavy cast on my left leg.

They looked at each other clearly debating on who should tell me the bad news cause clearly nothing good they were about to say. "I'm sorry babe, the baby is gone. It didn't make it." Drake apologetic says then grabs my hand that was laying on my stomach.

"What?" They didn't hear but they read my lips.

The fact that I lost my baby hurt me. I know I kind of rejected him/her in the beginning but it still was growing inside me and it didn't deserve to get its life ended before it even started. We could've have been a happy family. Secretly I even picked up a name, but it's gone down the drain now.

And poor Drake. It was his first baby too. He must be feeling awful about it.

"I think I should leave you two alone." The doctor said than exits the room along with he nurse closing the door behind her.

"I'm sorry." I tell Drake who seems to be in a world of his own.

"No, don't be. It's not your fault, it's mine. I shouldn't have argue with you." Of course you shouldn't have.

"It's okay. You didn't know this was going to happen."

"But I should have been there to protect you, not to be the person you stressed you out like I did." Rapidly, he turns around and rubs his face. I could tell he was frustrated. Frustrated to the point where we were in total silence, except for his light sniffs.

"Are you crying? I never saw you crying."

"Not crying, just lamenting." He rubbed his eye. He was definitely crying. How I wanted to giggle, but now was not the time.

I don't know what I'm feeling. It's kind of mixture of sympathy, compassion and maybe guilt. It's was his son for crying out loud, a part of him.

Moments later, Safaree appeared at the door and called for Drake who gratefully made his way to him. His presence and their conversation surprised me, I would have expected them to be at each other's throats reasoning about me but not this much bond.

They dap each other then Drake waved me goodbye before going out of the room.

"Safaree? What are you doing here?" I ask with a smile on my face. I miss talking to him, since the day I married, I think.

He licks his lips then smiles. "What? Can't I visit you?" He gives me soft kiss on the forehead.

"Yeah, well, I thought Drake hated you."

"And still does. That nigga can't stand me nor I him, but it's for you who I'm here for... Are you okay?" He says grabbing a chair and siting on the left side of the bed.

"Wait... How did you know I was here?"

"Surprisingly, it was him who called me up so I came here asap... Enough about me, how about you? What happened?"

"Ugh... I fell off the stairs. Me and Drake were arguing over some stupid shit." I say, making sure he gets that I didn't want to talk about it.

"What stupid shit?"

I turn to look at him as I feel him scooping my hand into his. His hand was warm, and big compared to mine.

"I was on the phone with Lauren. You know how my talks with her are... A little 'love you' before hanging up... Guess Drake got a little too jealous and now we're here."

"So basically he got mad over a simple girlfriend talk?" He asked, more like stated while rubbing his chin. See, even he gets me.

"Well... He thought I was talking to you."

He shapes her mouth like an "o" before letting out a dry chuckle leaving me confused. "What?"

"Unbelievable that nigga.... Did he lay his hands on you?"

"No..."

"Good, cuz if he tries to pull a slick move on you just let me. He's dead meat." He takes his hat off and puts it on the nightstand revealing his new haircut. Note to self, comment on that later.

"Yo, you're acting like my big bro." I pout.

"You know I always look out for you." He picks my other hand and looked at me in the eyes. He had the same look he had the first time I met him.

He's put up with a lot shit coming from me and we ain't related. That's gotta be love. He's so good to me.

I was so into admiring his feature that I hadn't noticed him leaning towards me until I felt his lips on mine.

"What are you doing? Drake is outside the room." I whisper to him still with my lips brushing against his.

"Shhhh, I sent him out to get you some Popeye's... No need to thank me."
He goes for a full kiss. His touch, his lips... His big juicy lips. I missed him. In all sense of the word.

"I can't stand you staying away from me." He manages to say between the kisses. When he starts rubbing my thigh and lifting my leg I instantly knew what he was up to, yet I didn't stop him.

"But what about Drake? This is cheating."

"Do you love him?"

I didn't say anything, just kept kissing him but he pulled away and pins my hands against the bed so I wouldn't try anything.

"Answer me. Do you love him?"

"I'm trying to. He's my husb-"

He cuts me off. "Bullshit. I'm gonna ask you again, do you love him?"

"No."

"That's all I wanted to hear." He resumes his previous action making sure we did everything we could in the short amount of time we had left