Chapter 19

I was seated on the vanity looking in the mirror. The hairdresser and the makeover artist had just left the room and it was s relief. I wanted to be alone for a few minutes before I fall back into my sad reality. I actually want this day to be beautiful and memo-

"Knock knock." I heard a female voice from behind the door followed by the actually door knock.

"Who is it?"

"Guess."

"You better say who are cause I'm not but to pl-" I didn't finish my sentence, the door swung wide open revealing the person who's been behind it.

"LAUREN!" I wanted to run to her and give her a big ass hug but I couldn't even get up in time. She was the one who did it. Her bear hug was so tight it lifted me from my seat. I was so happy to see her.

"Nicki!"

We hugged for all those months we haven't seen each other. I'll forever thank her for letting me have her job. It wasn't an easy task trying to convince her but everything worked out just fine. She still has a chance to get her job back if she doesn't want to take long looking for one

"Why didn't you just say so it was you? Got a bitch ready to elevate stress levels."

"I wanted to surprise you. I haven't seen in a minute."

"Yeah.... How was your trip to SA?"

"It was pretty cool... Cape Town is just a whole 'nother level. I love that city."

"I'm glad you liked it, but your place is here in LA with me... You're coming to my wedding, right?"

"Of course. I wouldn't miss my bestie's big day with the Drake Graham. I'm holding you down to that, how did that happen off my watch?"

"I'd love to tell you girl but it's too hectic. Maybe some other time... I promise I'll make it up to you when I get back from my honeymoon."

"You better."

Just then another person knocked on the door. I'll go crazy if everyone decides to have a one to one with me now.

"Who is it?"

"I'll leave you two alone." I didn't really understand until she opened the door for herself revealing Safaree who came in then closed the door behind him. He stayed analysing me then a smirk formed on his face.

"Wow!" He says.

I cover my face up. "Stop, you're making me blush."

"Then I've done my job. You look amazing!"

"Thank you. That really means a lot coming from you." I sit back down. He sat on the bed facing me through the mirror.

"You know, I just wished you were in a much happier situation."

"Safaree, please don't start."

"Start what? Lecture about how you're making one of your biggest mistakes? That you're about to marry a man who we both know that you don't love? I won't start."

"What more do you want me to do? I'm pregnant."

"And that's another fucked up story too." I was ready to talk back at him but he continued talking. "I'm not trying to control your actions or your life; I just want what's best for you, Nicki. I'm just saying, you're better than this."

The way he said it hit me. In a way, he was right. Was this worth it? Does it make me happy? Probably no. But my reasons to do so were bigger, especially with this baby coming. Imagine my horrible situation and a kid in the middle. I don't think I'd survive if I was to take care of him or her alone.