Chapter 24

It's my birthday!!!!! The first thing I think of today. I wake up excited for nothing because I was left alone in bed.
I frown. I hope Drake didn't forget about me. The little bond we were having was actually meaning something to me to go down the drain. At least not today.

Before I start stressing over this I get up from bed and did my morning routine.

Thirty minutes later I was out of the steamy bathroom only to be surprised by two pink boxes with white ribbons on them, seating on the already made bed.

I spazz as I run to them. There was a small note attached to the small one.

Happy Birthday baby 💕 enjoy your day, have fun. I'll be taking care of some business. But I promise I'll make it up to you, be ready by 6.
love, Drake 😘

I smiled at his little message, finally opening the small box, revealing his black card. I frown because I don't think that I was up for shopping today, but hey, it's my birthday, It's my birthday, Imma spend my money...

Now, the content of the second box left me speechless. An Alexander McQueen black gown and some black stilettos to match. The outfit was amazing! What surprises me the most is how he joggled my taste and sizes, just for the right occasion.

Sitting on the bed, I put my wonderful gifts back on their box, suddenly feeling bad.

Drake has been good to me. Not that he wasn't but his full attention is devoted to me and I like that. He go out on dates now, we actually sit and talk getting to know each other better as people. Beneath that person I ought to get, there's a heart, but very very deep down. I still don't trust him that much to tell him who I really am.

And then there was this unpleasant feeling, I jumped from man to man that's cheating. Worst part is that there is probably no good reason for my actions.

Anyways, shaking the bad energy out of me, I resume getting ready for my day out with the girls since my husband was absent. I had Alfredo pick them up so we wouldn't have to drive separately wherever we go.

Just as I was finish getting ready, I hear the car horn which meant they're here. Grabbing my purse I head outside straight into the car whose door was being held for me by my driver.

"Happy Birthday!" The girls cheer as I get in. I greet them and thank them for being able to be here, unlike some people.

"You just love skirts, don't you?" Candi comments. Lately when we go out she only sees me in them.

"Oh, hush. I wear pants almost everyday. Give me a break."

"And I can't believe you still have those boots I gave you like... Two years ago?" Lauren says.

"Three day. I got my cast removed like two days ago. Even though my foot has recovered I'm still a bit apprehensive in wearing heels."

I feel the car moving which I odd because he hasn't asked where will we be going. And we haven't really decided where our first stop would be.

"So what's the plan for today?"

"I wanna go to the cinema." I say.

"Cinema? Yo, are you forreal?"

"Deadass. When was the last you went to the cinema?" I argue. Like Lauren, she probably didn't remember. 

"Exactly. I wanna experience that again. And it's not like we're famous or something to be afraid of going in public."

"OKAYYY, let's go then."

I tell the driver to go to the nearest theatre around.

With all movies to pick from, we ended up watching The Hunger Games: Mockingjay part II just for the fun of it. My spare time allowed me to explore these novels everybody seems to love.

After that, we went to a karaoke bar. It was all too fun, we lost track of time. If it wasn't for Alfredo to remind me I have a compromise, I'd spend the rest of the day here.

***

I was getting ready for my date, just a couple of bracelets here and there, a few waves on my hair, makeup on point.

"Perfect!" I complement myself after a 360 turn for a mirror check in my new attire

I'm really excited to go to this restaurant. It's so fancy you don't get in without a previous reservation.

There's a knock on the door.

"Come in." I said.

I knew it could only be Drake. It's almost time for our date.

Right when he opened the door, his suit is the first thing that catches my attention. Black pants, white jacket and a white shirt complemented by a black bow. I must say, I was loving the view I had. Maybe all that can be mine at the end of the day.

"I'm almost done, give me one more minute."

"Yeah, about that... Change of plans. I'm supposed be going on this business dinner tonight so I won't be able to make it to our date."

"Huh?" I question being caught totally off guard. "But it's my birthday, you can't leave me." I don't know if I get angry or upset with him. Truth is I hate being played with.

"I can't, this is really important." He say moving around the room like he was looking for something.

"You promised me you'd make it up for not spending the day with me now you're leaving me hanging at night too? Stay!" I tried being stern and raise my voice a little, but apparently it didn't phase him. His facial expression was louder than anything he would try to say.

He grabs a bunch of folders of contracts, I assume, before selecting a few ones.

"I'm going to be back by tomorrow morning. I promise."

"How can you say that? You just broke one and you think you're going to cover it with another? Two wrongs don't make a right." I cross my arms.

"Don't wait up." He gave me a kiss on the forehead then detaches himself from me. As he reaches for the doorknob, and I grab his arm, begging for him to stay. But did he listen to me? More like pretended I wasn't even there. He roughly pulls his arm from my grip and quickly exited the room closing the door behind him.

There I was, perplexed to what had just happened. Then anger takes over me and it wasn't long before I start throwing a tantrum. Ripping his clothes, two of shirt that were resting on his armchair, pushing everything off the vanity to the ground...

I didn't go much far, I broke down crying afterwards. Sliding down the wall, I bring my knees to my chest and rest my forehead on them.

I was abandoned by my husband on my birthday after he had promised me that his was for fro be a special day. So much for a happy birthday.