Chapter 8

I was on the phone with Laura's assistant. She was calling to ask if we already confirmed our plane tickets and hotel reservations. I was really confused but then she said all the the information was sent via e-mail so I checked but still nothing.

I ended the call so I could confirm this little misunderstanding. I went to his office to find him in middle of a phone call. As soon as he saw me, he hung up.

"Onika, I was just about to call you."

"Mr. Graham, Laura's assistant asked about confirming plane tickets and hotel reservations... Do you happen to have any information about that?"

"Yes, That's what I wanted to talk about. Laura sent it directly to me. Tell her it's confirmed." He started typing something on his computer. "I've forwarded it to you in case you want to read it too."

"Yes sir."

"And hope you have your passport up to date."

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Because we're going to Brazil."

"Brazil? As in, South America?"

He stopped for a brief second to look at me then dragged his attention back to the desktop. "Yes, what other place you know with the same name?"

"Sorry... May I ask, why are we going there?"

"The magazine decided to do a first photoshoot with Zendaya at the beach there. As a judge, you're delegated to be there too."

"When are we leaving?"

"The day after tomorrow. I'll give you your ticket in the morning. Check in starts at 6 am."

"Okay." I went back to my desk and called Laura's assistant back. I think it's a lack of professionalism, I don't know from which part but I didn't like how this information was given to us. I bet Andrea doesn't know about it yet, because if I'm going then she's going too.

Another day another wrap, I grabbed my things and went back home. A quick shower and some comfortable clothes and I started to pack my suitcase. It's not like in going for a moth so I didn't see why wait until tomorrow to do it.

I'm excited as hell. I mean, I'm going to Brazil! Their culture aka ways seemed to fascinate me. Their fanaticism for soccer, their famous dish feijoada, and the Sertanejo music. I've always wanted to experience it all and this is my chance. Even when I was in high school I chose Portuguese as my foreign language class, so there's no way I'd get lost there.

But one thing I can't get out of my mind. Safaree. I know he's going to blast me but I'm not having it. I'm going and that's it. It's Brazil we're talking about.

Not wanting to push my thoughts to later I called for him so I can tell him. When he came into my room I was choosing a few swimsuits I'll be taking to the trip.

"What are you packing for? Where are you going?" He asked.

"Out of town."

"Tomorrow?"

"Not tomorrow... After..."

"Then why are you making your bags now?"

"Because I don't want to do things in last minutes. Besides, it's not that I'm taking my whole wardrobe, just the essentials."

"Is this all you wanted to tell me?" She asked with an attitude.

"Don't give me that attitude, be glad I'm telling you this now instead of letting you find I'm gone."

In this situation I pleaded for the missing game, I knew he'd stop trying to argue with me. I learnt he hates it when he doesn't know where I am. After that day I spent the night at Drake's house he made a whole lecture about how I should always let him know where I am.