Chapter 16

I really need to consider buying a new car, this catching a cab thing is going to make broke one of these days. Ever since I crashed mine last year, I don't trust myself with one. But boy, life get hard after that.

I arrived at Drake's apartment in 20 minutes. The door was answered by the girls' nanny like Drake said she would. She told me how the girls were fine and asleep then excused herself to the back room, leave me alone.

I dragged myself to the master suite and sat on the bed just looking at LA from the high.

After almost an hour of silence of the indoor just listening to the noise of the nightfall from the busy city as it wraps itself from another day at work, car horns in traffic and occasionally my sniffing, a sign of another life came through the front door with wiggling knobs and quiet steps.

"Are you sure you don't want to come with us?" An unknown voice said.

"Yeah, I'm sure you guys can take care of those niggas alone. I trust you." Drake said. At least he's here. I thought we were being robbed or something.

"Alright D, hit me up whenever."

"Aight, see ya."

The front door closed and I could hear making his way here.

"Nicki?" He said after turning the lights on.

"Hi.'

"What are you doing here?"

"You're not happy to see me?"

"No, I'm just surprised. When did you get here."

"About an hour ago... I wasn't feeling well so I came here to get my mind off of things."

"You're more than welcomed to stay." I watched him as he took off his tie and suit jacket. I thought he was going to give a kiss or something but nah, he went to the kitchen so I followed him.

It's was obvious that wasn't in any good mood but I didn't want to ask him anything.

"So, who was that?" I asked.

"Who?"

"I heard another voice when you came in."

"Oh... It was one of my workers. You know, just taking care of business..."

"Right... Business." I winked at him.
He smirked at me then chuckled shaking his head. I walked up to him and hugged him.

"You don't believe it, do you?"

"I believe you... I know 'business' when I'm surrounded by it."

"You don't say...?"

"Yep."

"How about this? You guess it right, you pick what you want. You get it wrong, I pick something I want from you."

"I don't need any guess games to know you're a dealer. But I accept my award."

"A dealer? How did you find out?"

"Boy please, I've been watching your moves for a while."

"How long?"

"... While."

"But how?"

"They say you're dangerous... They're telling me to stay away from you." I ran my fingers up to his neck like walking legs. Slow motion all the way, arousing his eagerness.

"Who they?"

"The people are talking." He raised his eyebrow at me. I knew he thought I was messing with him, which I was, and that kept feeding my ego. "But they don't know about us, they don't know about it."