Chapter 14

It's been about three weeks since we came back. Totally Wow's cover was flawless and a hit all over the country.

Drake and I haven't talked about what happened between us back in Brazil. Out relationship has been kept strictly professional since then and it's killing me. He just fucked me then it's like I'm a normal employee to him here. No matter how much I have tried to talk to him about it he would just find a way to change subjects.

But I'm not letting him go that easily. I had him where I wanted and more, soon he'll be eating off my hand.

***

I was in the middle of the shower when I heard my cellphone ringing and ringing. Whoever is calling must be really needing to contact me. I finished my shower as quickly as I could then wrapped a towel around my body after drying it with the same.

My phone was still laying on the bed like I had left it when I threw it before. I grabbed it and saw 7 missed calls from an unknown number. This better be important because I don't have time to waste with people I don't know.
As I was about to call back, the person was calling again.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Onika, thank goodness you answered!"

"Mr. Graham?" Because calling him Drake would make me seem like I want him or something.

"Yes, this is my new number." Of course he had to get a new number, he just never really called me until now with it. ""I've been trying to reach you for the longest now."

"Sorry, I just got out of the shower. Is there something wrong?"

"No, but I need you to... Hey you two, don't go in there..." He yelled to someone that was probably with him. "... To come down to my apartment right now, please. It's an emergency."

"Okay, give me 30 minutes I'll be there."

"Thank you, I'll tell the guards that I'm expecting you."

"Bye." I hang and took s deep breath.
What could possibly be an emergency after hours, at his house? Might as well kick it, might even get him to talk to me.

I throw on some clothes randomly selected from my closet and left the house with Safaree's car since he wasn't going to leave the house tonight. I told him I was going to meet a friend, otherwise he'd probably want to argue with me.

Reaching the condo I parked my car. I had less trouble getting to his apartment because I was already expected.

"Thank you for coming!! I didn't know what else I would do." Drake greeted feeling relived.

He pulled me into the living room and I can see it's like a hurricane passed by.
Walking further I could see you were in a mess came from. The cutest girls I've ever seen.

"Awww, who are they?"

"My nieces."

"You have nieces? I would never guess..."

"Yep. Imagine two little girls full of energy and an innocent tired man between." I tilt my head at him a bit.

"So they are the emergency?"

"Yes. Please help me I can't do anything right, they want to play, they want do girl stuff like they used to with Angela and you know she can't."

"I'm on it."

"Girls come here." Drake called them. They stopped what they were doing and came over to us. He introduced the them to me, the older one being Sade and the younger Spirit. "I want you to meet Onika, your new auntie."

"New auntie?" Spirit asked.

"Yeah, what about auntie Angie? Where is she?"

"Girls, listen. Auntie Angie isn't coming back, okay? But she told me she wants you guys to spend time with Onika now."

"But who's gonna have tea party with us?"

"Yeah, and take us shopping?"

"I can take you." I offered. They looked at each other then back at me.

"Do you know how to colour princesses?"

"Yes."

"Do you how to make brownies?"

"Yes, and I will even let you help me make the best brownies ever."

They stood thinking for a second before Spirit spoke up.

"She's ours now." Sade grabbed me by my hand and ran upstairs not caring what was in her way up to their room Drake had for them for when they came over.

It reminded me of my old room back in my parents house when I was a little kid. Pink and girly, but this one is filled with so much dolls and toys. I was enchanted and feeling like a child all over again.

The next couple of hours, we played dolls, watched Barbie in Rock 'n Royals, and made brownies to eat at their little tea party. I did their makeup (the one for kids of course), they wanted to do mine, but I agree on a simple lipstick, a purple boa and a matching hat. The girls made their uncle wear a shirt and and a tie with pink and black stripes. It was sooo cute, I had to take a picture.

When they were sleepy, I tucked them in and told them a bed time story until they fell asleep. I quietly closed their door and went to the living where Drake was putting the sofas in order after a fun night.

"I think I'm going to get going. It's already 9." I said.

"I can't thank you enough for today. If it wasn't for you, I'd probably be collapsed on the couch over stress."

"Stop thanking me... Your welcome. I had lots of fun with the girls."

"They loved you, they even gave you a nickname... NicNac." He smiled and I threw my arms over his neck and held on to him.

I don't know what came over me to do that. If it is because I missed him, a wave excitement over the girls or I'm just emotional, I really don't know.

"What was that for?"

"I don't know. Maybe it was for the girls. I really like them... I always wanted to have kids around me. Brings out the child in me."

"Here's your lucky chance. You can come see them when you want, they're staying with me for the whole week. Or we could even plan a fun weekend for the four of us..."

"I would love that." For the few seconds of silence we felt I grabbed my purse that was sitting on the armchair. "So, have you heard from Angela?"

"No, she probably hoeing somewhere. You?"

"She's fine. I've seen her two or three times. I don't talk to her that much anymore."

"Good, I don't want you to be hanging around with her. She's no good news."

"Says the guy who married her."

"Hey, I was blinded by love back then."
I playfully rolled my eyes. I hugged him again and tried to give him a kiss on the cheek but he turned his face making me kiss me on his lips.

"You know, I'm just going to leave before you try something." I say quietly getting out before he had the chance to respond.