The CEO

Marc's POV

I was having the time of my life when my father called me. He told me to meet him in his office today. Now, I'm in the company, completely annoyed. As I reached the secretary, I smiled and asked, "Is my father in his office?"

"Yes, he's been waiting for you, Sir." She said softly.

I just smirked and walked to Dad's office. I knocked and waited. I heard him say 'come in'.

"Hi dad.."

"Marc, please sit down."

"What do you want to talk about dad?"

"Son, I'll be retiring. I want you to be the CEO of the company."

As soon as I heard that, my blood boiled.

"WHY?!?!?"

"Calm down son, please. I want you to be my heir. Unless, I'll give the position to Ken."

"YOU WON'T DO THAT!! Are you out of your mind??? He's nothing but an egg head!" Ken, my cousin, is the worst person ever. I don't like him taking over my family's company. He's such a lazy head. Our company's just gonna go down.

"Mark my words, Marc. I can do that." My dad said sternly.

"Ugghh...fine. I'll take over."

"Good. You'll be starting tomorrow."

Next day..

Great. Just great. I'll be the CEO of Collins Designs now. Just because I don't like my cousin, it doesn't mean I liked my job.

Everything was set and Carla, my secretary, handed me my schedule. As I browsed the schedule, I saw an interview for employment and a meeting with the employees.

I heard a knock and Carla said, "Sir, all of the employees are here."

I nodded and fixed my suit. I sighed heavily and got out of my office.

"Good morning everyone. I am Marc Collins, the new CEO of Collins Design." I waited as they greeted me back.

"I expect the best from all of you. Expect a lot of changes from now on. I won't be a good boss like my father. I'll be very strict on you. You don't want to see me angry with you. So do your job properly." With that I dismissed them and went back to the office.

I looked at the standings of our company and it's going down. I groaned and rubbed my temples.

Someone knocked and I just ignored it.

Knock. Knock.

"What?!?!?"

"Sir, Ms. Jones has an interview with you for employment." Carla said.

"Let her in." I said sternly.

A few moments later, a soft knock came behind the door.

"Come in."

A lady came in wearing a white blouse and blue pencil skirt. She has long brown hair and pale skin. As soon as she stepped closer, I saw her blue eyes. Her eyes are beautiful. Like a blue gem. I didn't notice that I was ogling at her until she cleared her throat.

"Excuse me, I'm Kate Andrea Jones. I'm applying for a job. A designer, specifically." She said softly as she handed her resume.

"Ah yes." I looked at her resume.

Wow. I was impressed. She has one of the best grades in high school and college.

"Ok, you're hired. I expect you to do a good job Ms. Jones. Don't go easy on me because I'm not. I don't like flaws." I said harshly.

"Y-yes sir, I won't let you down." She said nervously.

"You'll start tomorrow, Ms. Jones." I said. She nodded and turned to her heels.

After that, she was off.

I looked at the stacks of documents on my desk and started studying one of them. Time passes so fast. I looked at my watch and it's already 4 pm. God...it's so tiring. It's just my first day being a CEO and it's stressful. What more if I'll be here for the rest of my life. I sighed heavily at the thought.

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"Hey Bro! How's your first day here?" My sister asked cheerfully. Stella's one of our fashion designers. Dad was happy about it so he gave Stella a position. Head of fashion design, specifically.

"Tiring I guess. I should get used to it."

"You know you sound scary this morning. It's like you're a bad boss."

"I am. I hated working. I can have fun whenever I want. We're rich."

"I know but you have to learn to work. What if we don't have money now? I know that our company's ratings are low." Stella said.

"I know. That's why I'm stressed. I don't know why I'm the one fixing this." I said slightly annoyed.

"Yeah yeah whatever. I'm leaving already. Bye!"

"Stella, wait! I'm joining you."

I drove my sister and drove to my penthouse and took a long shower before sleeping. I slumped onto my bed and thought of tomorrow. Tomorrow's gonna be a busy day. Soon, I drifted to sleep.