The Wedding

Marc's POV

I packed my small luggage with jeans, shirts, underwear, and shorts. Today's the day when I get to see Kate's hometown. I guess it's also a vacation from all the work I had to finish. And it's an advantage to gain Kate's heart.

Ring...ring..

"Kate."

"Are you ready? My brother's helicopter's gonna be here at ten."

"I'm on my way. See yah." I hung up and got ready on my way.

I arrived at Kate's apartment in no time. I rang the doorbell and opened to a beaming Kate.

"Hi!" She chirped.

"You're cheery today." I said, smiling at her.

"Of course! It's my brother's wedding day!"

We arrived at the hotel in a few hours. We only got one room and it's a suite. The room was big and very homey.

"Marc, you can put your bags down. Go to room 405. Get yourself ready there." Kate said to me.

I just nodded. I was about to get my phone when someone knocked.

"Kate! Ooh.." the door opened to a woman whose hair is curled up.

"Aunt Rina!" Kate ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"Oh..look how grown up you are. I miss you, sweetie."

"I miss you too." Kate chuckled.

"You might wanna introduce this young man, eh?"

"Oh..This is Marc Collins. My uh..my-"

"Friend. I'm her friend." I said quickly but Aunt Rina didn't seem convinced.

"Alright. Go get your makeup done, sweetie." She told Kate.

Kate looked at me worriedly. "I'm fine. I'm gonna go now..." I said.

She just nodded and followed Aunt Rina. They left and I took my phone with me.

I knocked on the door and a buff man stood in front of me. "Uh...hi?" I said hesitantly.

"Marc Collins, nice to meet you. I'm Greg Hadley, Kate's uncle." He held his hand out.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Hadley." I said, trying not to be intimidated.

"Oh! Enough with the formalities. Call me Greg. Come in." He said before throwing his arm around my shoulder.

"Gentlemen! Meet the Marc Collins!"

Everyone in the room whipped their heads towards my direction.

"Hey man! Welcome!" A tall guy with blonde hair said.

"I'm Drake, this is my brother Damon." He said while pointing to a younger looking brown haired dude.

We shook hands and the others introduced themselves. Lastly, my eyes met Troy West.

"Mr. Collins." He gave me a courtly nod. I nodded back.

"Hey! Come back all of you! You guys need to look good on our one and only Clara's wedding day!" A voice came from behind the men.

"Oh! Goodness gracious! Look at that handsome face!" The guy with stylish hair said.

"I'm Mackey, pleased to meet you, hottie." He said and winked at me. I smiled sheepishly.

"Let's get prepared! Chop chop, wedding starts in three hours!"