Birthday

I woke up to my alarm. It's my birthday. I'm already 25. Oh my gosh. I'm already 25. I checked my clock and it's just 7am and I remembered Marc's going to meet me before 9am. I took a shower and changed into my favorite black V-neck shirt and shorts. I looked at the mirror and looked at myself. I look pale. God, I really look pale. I added powder to my face. I combed my hair and put on perfume.

As expected, the doorbell rang. I opened to see Marc wearing his signature outfit. White shirt, jeans, and sneakers.

"Happy birthday, Kate." Oh so he knew. I blushed.

"Thanks. Come in."

"Uh..no thanks. Come with me." I looked at him with confusion.

"Hey!" He grabbed my hand and dragge led me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked and tried to escape from his grip.

"Get in." He ordered.

"No!" I shouted.

"Get in or I will deposit you." He said arrogantly.

"No! I'm not going anywhere with you!"

"One..."

"No!"

"Two..." Ugghh...I have no choice but to get in the car.

I looked out the window the whole drive. I looked at my watch and it's nearly 9am. I decided to call Jason and cancel our reunion.

"Kate, are you ready? I'm gonna pick you up now."

"Uh...Jason I'm sorry but I have to cancel it. I know it's last minute but there's somewhere I need to go." And then I saw Marc grinned. That bastard.

"Oh..it's ok. I understand. There's still a next time. Well see yah around then. Oh and happy birthday Lollipop." He remembers!

"Thanks!"

I ended the call and looked at Marc. He looked annoyed.

"Lollipop...huh." He said. Oh so that's why.

"It's none of your business. Where are we going anyway?" I asked irritatedly.

"It's a surprise." He grinned.

After several minutes, the car stopped. I got out and looked around.

"Woah...where are we?" The place is beautiful. The trees, the view is wonderful.

"Surprise! This is Central Park."

"What are we doing here?"

"Well, I'm giving you a tour around New York. I guessed you haven't been around, huh?" I was speechless. I wasn't really able to go around New York since I started working.

I walked around and admired the view. I felt Marc beside me and it made me feel weird. I felt like there was a magnetic force pulling us together.

"Kate, I want to show you something. Come." He didn't wait for my response and gently grabbed my hand.

We walked to a large lake. It's very beautiful. There were swans and water lilies. Oh and fishes too.

"Wow...it's beautiful, Marc." I told him, still admiring the view. He said nothing and handed me flowers. Specifically magnolias. I really love them. They have a sweet smell.

"Thank you. How did you know I like magnolias?" I asked while smelling them.

"I don't know..but I also like them. I like white ones. Mother usually buys pink ones. She buys them and puts them at home."