Preparations

Kate's POV

I can't believe the fashion show's tomorrow. Time really flies so fast. Stella, Jaime, and I went to get some snacks while Bianca's making an alibi for Marc. The three of us weren't able to ask permission. We immediately bought cookies, muffins, and cups of coffee from the coffee shop nearby.

Stella was so stressed. Actually, we're all stressed. I'm excited for tomorrow. I haven't seen the gown Stella designed. I wonder what it looks like. I don't like to show lots of my skin since the incident. We were in the elevator and I was nervous. I told Stella that it's not a good idea to go out during working hours. It's not even our break.

We entered the office and quickly went to our places. Unfortunately, Stella and I were caught.

"Where did you guys go?" Marc said in his stern voice.

"Um..we just bought snacks, Marc. You're too serious. Chill." Stella said in her cool voice.

"During working hours??? Tomorrow's the fashion show and you're not even preparing!?" Marc shouted.

Oh no. I have to do something.

"Mr. Collins, we just bought some snacks for us. We need a break from hours of preparing. We need energy. In fact, we bought you coffee and muffins." I said nervously.

He looked calm and I gave him the paper bag with food.

"You know, Stella, good thing your friend here, is very generous. Now. Go back to work! We have a fashion show to prepare for." He said in a brotherly tone. Then he turned around and went inside his office.

Stella, Carla, Bianca, Jaime, and I looked at each other and giggled.

"Ok. I did not expect that. Did you see your faces? So scared." Bianca said, still laughing.

"Ok ok...you may stop now." Stella said smiling.

"Guys, let's start preparing. What do we need? Is everything ready for tomorrow?" I asked.

"Yes, everything is done. We just have to check the names of the sponsors and guests." Carla said in a cheerful voice.

"Is Mr. Watson and his wife there?" Bianca asked.

"Yes. I have the list of guests." Carla said while pulling out a folder.

"Here, Stella." She handed it to Stella.

Stella checked the names and said that they were complete.

"Oh, Kate, uhm..can you come with me? I'm gonna show you your gown." Stella said. She sounded nervous. I wonder why.

I followed her to the dressing room and noticed a rectangular black box.

Stella opened it and it revealed a beautiful green gown.

"Oh my god, Stella. It's beautiful." I said, smiling warmly at her.

"Come on, try it on. I know it looks good on you."

I tried it on and it showed my curves. It's backless and long.

"Very beautiful. I knew it. Many guys would drool over you. Maybe even my brother." Stella said and laughed.

I just smiled and hugged her.

"Oh, by the way, how are you and Marc??" She asked excitedly.

"Well I asked him to stop asking me out. I told him that I'm busy with the preparations." I said fiddling with my pen.

"Really? He hasn't given up yet, eh?"

"Yeah..."

Marc's POV

Godammit!

Why can't she just say yes to me?!?!?! How hard is this??? I've just asked Kate out twice and she just walked away. She said that she's busy and doing some stuff. Like what the actual fuck! I thought Kate's just like the usual girls that I flirt with. But hell no! She's making the challenge hard.

Hey but I have to admit she's beautiful and hot. I wonder if she had a boyfriend when she was in high school. I wonder why she's not with him now. I wonder why.

"Marc!" I groaned as I heard my annoying sister.

"What?" I watched her walking towards me.

"You. Are. Very. Lazy." She said annoyingly. I just sat there, watching her glaring at me.

"Will you help us out there? You're basically doing nothing here. The fashion show's tomorrow and you're just here, sitting pretty." She snapped.

I have no choice but to just agree.

I followed Stella outside my office and waited. After a few minutes, she gave me a list.

"Please check if the guests are complete. Oh and you have to pay the caterer after the event. In cheque." She said seriously.

"Fine...." I looked at her lazily and shifted. And then I saw Kate packing her stuff.

"Marc, I'll leave already. Make sure to do what I just said. I'm serious." Stella glared at me with her scary eyes. I just nodded and waited for her to leave.

I walked to Kate and asked, "Hey. Are you leaving already?"

"Yeah. Why?" Kate said while packing her envelopes.

"I was wondering if I could drive you home."

"Uh..no need. I still need to go somewhere."

"I insist."

"No, Marc. I-I have to go. Goodbye. See you tomorrow." She said walking away from me.

Ughhhh...what is wrong with this woman?!?!? She's really avoiding me. I will make her mine one day.

I wrote a cheque for the caterer and checked the guests list. It's quite long though. My thoughts were still on Kate. I can't keep my mind off her. She's always in my mind. I don't know why but I'm gonna make her fall for me. I swear I'm gonna make her fall for me. Just wait and see.