The Plan

Marc's POV

Kate's birthday is already in three days. What am I going to do? I've been thinking this over and over in the office. Lightbulb! I'll bring her around New York and take her sightseeing. I'll bring her to the best restaurants in the city. I'll take her to Times Square and let her see how fun and loud New York is. Or I'll take her to my yacht and sail with her. But where? Or I could go with her to Central Park, Metropolitan Museum of Art.

"Carla, clear all my schedules this Friday." I said through the phone.

"May I know the reason, sir?"

"I have to run some errands. And please call Stella for me."

After a while, my sister came in. "What?"

"I'm planning on taking Kate around New York on Friday."

"Ooohh!!!!! My brother's eager to surprise her!!"

"Shhhh....quiet down. She might hear you."

"Ok what are you gonna do? Take her around New York and what?"

"I don't know..I'm still thinking. That's why I called for you. Help me. Help me find out what she likes. And stuff like that."

"Ok..I'm excited. Better make her happy, Marc. Or you'll be dead to me."

"Ok..ok. Jeez..my lil' sis is scary."

"Marc, I'm warning you." Stella said seriously before walking out of my office.

I decided to go find something for Kate. I walked and walked and passed Cartier. Something caught my eye. It's a bracelet that has an Eiffel Tower, heart, and a dove. It's simple yet elegant. I went inside and approached the lady in charge. "Sir, may I help you?" She asked, giving me a smile.

"Yes, I want to buy that bracelet." I pointed to the bracelet I want. She went to get it while I sat down near the cashier.

"What a nice choice, sir. This bracelet's just our newest design." She said, "That would be two hundred and fifty dollars." I handed her my credit card and waited. She came back with a box and said,"For your girlfriend, sir?" "Uh..no. Just a friend. Thank you, miss..." "Dedra. Dedra Mills." I gave her a brief smile and she blushed. Oh I really have that effect on women.

I went back to my office but I heard someone talking in the office kitchen.

"Kate, if today were your birthday, what would you wish for?" That was Stella talking to Kate.

"Uhmm..I don't know, Stella." Kate said.

"Anything. Or maybe a dream could do."

"Well, since I was a kid, I've always wanted to go to some places."

"Where?" Stella asked excitedly.

"Europe. Especially in Italy, France, Greece, and Iceland. I never went to other places after my parents died." I'm speechless.

"I'm sorry, Kate."

"Let's not go to that subject. I don't want to remember that time." Kate said coolly.

"Ok..let's go then." As soon as I heard that, I quickly went to my office.

So, she wanted to go to Europe. Well that could be arranged when I court her. I went to call my driver and bodyguard.

"Paul, I want you to take the day off on Friday. I want to drive on my own." I want to take Kate with me alone so I can have my privacy. "Yes, sir." He said sternly.

"Luke, I want you to come with me on Friday. Just be distant and please scare the paparazzi away from us."

"Us?"

"I'm taking Miss Jones with me. It's her birthday."

He just nods and leaves.

"Per Se, how may I help you?" A lady on the other line asked.

"I would like to have a reservation on Friday night, 7pm."

"For how many, sir?"

"For two, please." I said.

"Name please."

"Marc Collins."

"Thank you sir."

I just sat there and imagined Kate and I walking around Central Park. I just hope she would like my gift. I want her to be happy. I just wonder why she had a rough history. I thought of what she said a while ago in the kitchen. Her parents died. She was already an orphan? How long? What's her past? I have a list of questions I want to ask her. I knew I could just ask my sister but she wouldn't tell me. Ughhh. This is so frustrating.

She will be mine soon. I want her trust. I want to kiss her again, damn those kissable lips. Why is it so hard to make her fall in love? This is the first time I have a hard time flirting with a girl.

My phone rang and it was Stella. I answered it and she told me to meet her at the nearby coffee shop.

Kate's POV

I saw Stella sitting near the window as I entered the coffee shop.

"Hey." She said grinning at me.

"So, any new info?"

"Well, she likes walking around the park. She dreamed of going to France, Greece, well basically Europe."

"Yeah I know. I was there when you guys were talking."

"You fucker! What the hell?!? You shouldn't have done that! What if Kate sees you?!? God such an idiot!"

"Sorry...don't shout at me...come on. Help me. What else?"

"She likes animals and soft stuff. Her happiness is kinda low for a beautiful girl like her." She giggled.

"Thanks lil sis! I knew I could count on you!" I gave her a hug.

"Marc. Please make her happy. Don't hurt her." Stella begged.

"I know. I will. I won't let anything happen to her."

"I have to go. I'm meeting Bianca in an hour. Bye."

"Wait! Stella, I want you to arrange a surprise birthday party for Kate, on Saturday. I'll bring her to the office around 11am."

"Ok! Bye!" She said with her eyes sparkling with joy.

I hope Kate will trust me. I should take it slow. Earn her trust, make her happy, protect her from danger, care for her. And then make her mine. These are my goals. I only have three months left to make her fall for me.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Mom's calling. Oh great. What does she want?

"Mom."

"Marc, honey, your Uncle Loyd's in New York. I'm inviting him for dinner next Friday night. I want you to be here." Mom said. Another family reunion.

"I'll try to go there, Mom."

"Please. You can bring someone with you."

"Ok Mom."

"I love you, honey."

"Love you too Mom. Bye."

That gave me a great idea. I'm gonna bring Kate to my parents' house.