Hello, Kate

Kate's POV

I still haven't talked to Marc. It's been two days since I found out I'm pregnant. I'm still overwhelmed. I kept myself busy last night by reading all those brochures Stella got. I realized that I can't be stressed. I decided to talk to Marc about the things that happened. I guess it's hard to have unfinished business. I'm currently sitting at my desk and thinking about what I will say to him. I couldn't tell him I'm pregnant, especially with Margo in the picture.

"Kate." Speaking of...

"Yes?"

"Can we talk?" I looked up and saw Marc.

"Not here. Maybe after work. I have to get home around 3pm. I think my brother has a package for me."

"I'll pick you up."

"No need. Meet me at the hotel around 7." I said while smiling weakly.

"Alright then."

It's almost lunch time and I'm famished. The squad's eating out. Before we got off our seats, a familiar woman came in. She's wearing a short red dress. Like really short. We looked at who it was and guess who?

Margo.

All of us were staring at her. Boy, she knew how to make an entrance.

"Margo, you can't go inside." Carla said.

"I'm seeing Marc today. Nobody will stop me. We have some business to do." Margo said before entering Marc's office.

All of us were already in disgust and I'm already losing my appetite. I sighed. I guess he won't change.

Around 5pm...

I took a shower and dried my hair. I wore a semi formal dress. I put on makeup and wore the bracelet Marc gave me. I know I shouldn't be wearing it but this will be one of the reminders that he became good to me. I was ready and I drove to the hotel. This is it. I'm gonna tell him that we aren't a couple and that night meant nothing. I'm gonna tell him to stop courting me.

Troy's POV

I've been stalking Kate since we met again. I have a spy and a hacker to check everything. Kate's meeting Marc tonight and I'm gonna stop that. I also found out that Kate's pregnant. I guess that would be Marc's doing.

I've been waiting for this day. I'm making Kate mine before Marc does. My spy told me that things aren't good between the two lately. Well, this is the right time to steal Kate. It's past 6 and I drove to the hotel to find Kate. I saw her at the bar waiting. She was drinking a glass of water. There were only a few people. I prepared a wad of cash and the syringe.

"Hello Kate." She turned around and her face was priceless.

"What are yo-" I quickly pricked her with my syringe and she slowly fainted. I saw the bartender looking at us and handed him the wad of cash before leaving.

I carried Kate to my car and drove to my vacation house. It's about 30 miles away from New York. Marc wouldn't be able to find us.

Marc's POV

I drove to the hotel and entered the restaurant. Kate was nowhere to be found. Maybe she's late. Minutes passed and she's taking too long. I glanced at my watch and saw that it's almost 8pm. I guess she has other plans for tonight. I went home and ate cup noodles. I wondered why she changed her mind. I was ready to tell her the truth.

One day later...

Marc's POV

I entered the office late and Kate wasn't around. I asked Carla and she didn't receive any news from Kate.

"Hey guys, did you try calling Kate? It's unusual for her to not text or inform us about her absence." Stella suddenly said.

"We were supposed to meet last night. She told me to meet her at the hotel."

"That's really weird. Have you tried checking the surveillance?" Bianca asked.

"No." I said, mentally slapping myself for not thinking about that.

"Well, go check!" Stella said.

I quickly went to the hotel and asked for the security. I explained the situation and a bartender approached us.

"A man drugged her and took her. She was waiting for someone else. She looked shocked and pissed off. The man paid me a lot of money so I would stay quiet but my conscience is eating me. I had to do something."

"Thank you. This is really helpful." The security said.

I'm already mad. Who the hell kidnapped Kate?

"Sir, here's the video footage." I watched it and noticed the man's haircut and build. And then it hit me. It's Troy West.

"I know who that is. That's Troy West!!" I said while clenching my fists.

I called my sister to deliver the news.

"Sir, do you know where he lives?"

"No. I have to find her. Please don't publicize it."

I kept thinking and remembered that Kate was wearing the bracelet I gave.

"Wait. Could you track the bracelet? It's custom made and I had it bugged."

"Brilliant! We can track it. Give me the code."