Epilogue

"Mommy! Look! Daddy got me a toy car!" Xavier ran to me, holding his toy. Marc came back from his business trip to Canada.

"Wanna open it with mommy?" He shook his head and ran to his playroom. I smiled and turned to Marc.

"You're spoiling him, you know." Marc shrugged and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"I've got you something." He took out a small box. He opened it and there's a necklace with a maple leaf pendant.

"You shouldn't have. I have a lot of necklaces, Marc."

"Shh. Come on, let me put it on." I turned around for him to clasp it around my neck. I felt him encircle his arms around my waist.

"I missed you, love." He whispered behind me.

"Me too. Get some rest before dinner. You're tired. I'll call you when dinner's ready." I kissed him and went to the kitchen.

The roast chicken and paella were cooked just before Xavier came out of the room.

"Mommy, what's that smell?" I smiled and told him it was chicken.

"Sweetie, can you help mommy set the table?" He nodded and I gave him the plates.

I got our utensils and put them on the table. Marc got them from Sean's cabinet just a few months ago. I placed our food on the table and placed Xavier's apple juice beside his plate.

"Mommy, I want chocolate for dessert." He looked at me with his puppy eyes. I wanted to say that chocolate's bad for children but how can I resist him? He's so cute when he does that.

"Later. Sit and wait for me. I'll call daddy, okay?" I patted his head and left the dining table. Before I could even go up to our room, Marc was already walking down the stairs.

"Dinner's ready, my love." I waited for him and held his hand while walking to the dining room. Xavier pretty much talked about his friends and school throughout dinner. Xavier was telling us about his friends in preschool and how they made clay cars. Marc and I looked at him lovingly. We could still remember him as a little bundle of joy in our arms.

"Mommy, can I eat chocolate now?" I chuckled and brought his chocolate.

"Drink water after, my boy." He shuffles our son's hair as we indulge our glasses of wine.

A few days later...

I might have been keeping a little secret from everyone before Marc arrived from his business trip in Canada. I just don't want it disrupting my work especially when the showcase is this Friday.

I've planned a trip for Marc and I to celebrate our anniversary and the showcase. Great timing right? I think that this trip will help us recharge after a long week. I've already talked to Stella about it. She's agreed to watch her nephew over the weekend.

Of course I will have to call them twice or thrice a day to make sure our little boy's okay.

Now that I've got free time before we head out to dinner, I'm planning a surprise for Marc since our anniversary's near.

"Honey, you ready?" Marc asked while entering our room. I finished packing for our little trip.

"Done." I zipped my duffel bag and patted it.

"How's our little boy doing?" I asked knowing he had already sent Xavier to Stella's.

"He's excited to play with Stella. Mom and Dad are gonna spoil him again." He chuckled.

"Come on, let's go. We've got a long ride." I took my bag and held my husband's arm.

We arrived at the private beach in a few hours and it was lunch time. It was my first time being here and as soon as we arrived at the villa, I stared at it in awe. It's huge and it's actually perfect for my lil' surprise.

"Like it?" Marc stood beside me and smiled. "Like it? I love it!" I said while running towards the porch facing the beach.

Seconds later I felt Marc beside me, watching the view. "Come on, there's a restaurant just two houses away." I looked at him and an idea popped. "Let's walk by the beach." I took off my shoes and pulled out my sunglasses. He chuckled and also took off his shoes and jacket.

The day went by really fast. I decided to go for a swim after lunch. Marc swam after me after a few minutes and we were just cuddling in the seawater. We jet skied, tried surfing, and even building a sand castle. Well technically, we built sand mountains.

Dinner was cooked by him and I was preparing for my lil' surprise. I held a box in my baggy hoodie. Yes, a baggy hoodie. I needed to fit the box without him realizing. We pretty much ate and talked about the day and how our son grows up fast.

While waiting for Marc to settle on the sofa, my mind was already excited to spill what was going on. I smiled as he asked, "Why are you smiling? Is there something on my face?"

"No, I'm just happy that we did this. It's been really a tough week." I said while hiding, containing my excitement.

"I'm happy too. I get to have you all to myself without distractions." He grinned at me and kissed me. Before things heated up, I pushed him, earning a confused look.

"I have something for you." I smiled sheepishly while taking the box out of my hoodie. I had to handle the box carefully as the decorations were too cute to be ruined.

"What's this?"

"Just open it." My heart starts to beat faster, waiting for him to open it.

He untied the ribbon and opened the box. It took him a few seconds to realize what's in it. He looked at me and looked at the box repeatedly. At last, he looked at me, still bewildered. I finally nodded.

"We're having baby number two!" He shouted and hugged me. We pulled away and he looked at the box. He took out the teddy bear wearing a bib and stared at it for a minute.

The morning breeze touched my cheek while I stood on the balcony. The view of the vast ocean bewildered me every time. I felt an arm hug me from behind. I inhaled my husband's scent and caressed his arm.

"Good morning, love." He kissed my ear and gave me a cup of oj. I loved how he would do that in the morning.

I sipped my juice and hugged Marc back.

"Enjoying the trip?" He asked, standing beside me.

"Hmm. I miss this." I said watching the sun rise.

"We can do this every weekend." He grinned at me with lusty eyes.

"No can do. Xavier's still very young. We can't leave him with Stella or your parents every time. And lil one will be out in 8 months."

"Guess I have to wait for this little one to grow up." He crouched down and kissed my flat tummy.

I laughed knowing his intentions.

"Or not." Marc smiled at me lustfully. Before I realized it, I was already being tickled and carried over to the bed.

I laid my head on his chest and thought of the family we've built. After all the things that happened, we managed to get through it.

"I love you." I whispered and cuddled my husband. I felt him kiss my head and pull me closer to him.

"I love you, Kate. Always and forever."