Leaving and Coming Back

Kate's POV

I got home and images of last night kept appearing in my brain. God! I'm so careless. I can't believe it happened. I can't face Marc and everyone tonight. I quickly booked a flight to Washington D.C. I needed Zara. Before leaving, I texted Stella.

Me: Stella, I'm afraid I can't attend tonight. Personal reasons. I'm really sorry.

I checked in my luggage and waited. Several hours later, I arrived in Washington D.C.. Zara was standing behind the line, holding a huge paper with my name on it.

"Zara!" I shouted.

"Kate! I can't believe you're here! Oh my god!!" Zara said while hugging me.

"Come on, let's go. I wanna tour you around. You've got only four days so let's make the most of it." Zara said while intertwining our arms together.

Meanwhile...

Marc's POV

I arrived at the company around 8:30am. As soon as I entered the office, Stella ran to me.

"We need you to negotiate with the manager of the event place. He's waiting in your office." I quickly entered my office to see Mr. Welsh.

After the negotiation, I sighed and went to the snack room. I made coffee. I searched for Kate as soon as I went out of the smack room.

"Hey Carla!" I shouted.

"Sir?"

"Where's Kate?"

"You don't know?"

"Don't know what?"

"She's not coming."

"What do you mean she's not coming?"

"She's not attending tonight."

"Why?"

"I don't know. She didn't say anything. Stella got a text from her before you came."

Goddammit. She left me after we made love and now she's not coming. What the hell? I'm really gonna talk to her when she comes back. I massaged my temples and sighed. It's already starting. I can't believe Kate just left. She's one of the designers for the Christmas collection and she's gone.

"Marc, is Kate answering your calls?" Stella asked.

"No. She's been avoiding my calls since this morning."

"What did you do?"

"Why would you think it was my fault?"

"Because you're my brother and something's going on between the two of you." I remained silent.

"What did you do?" Stella asked.

"I...uh..we..uh..." I'm really embarrassed to say it.

"You guys what?" Stella was starting to get impatient.

"Itookherviginitylastnight." I said quickly.

"What? Say it clearly."

"I took Kate's virginity last night."

"On my god." She covered her mouth.

"You fucking idiot! Why did you do it? Do you know how precious that is?"

"I know. But I couldn't stop myself. She didn't even stop me."

"Still. You should be the one to stop."

"I know...I just...I don't know. I want her."

"Talk to her when she comes back." Stella said sternly before she left.