Happy Monday

I arrived in the office just in time. Stella's waiting for me and I handed her my portfolio.

"Oh Kate, my brother's calling everyone for a meeting. I think he wants to see all the designs."

Well...fair enough. Mr. Playboy is here.

"Good morning, everyone. Meet me in the conference in five minutes. Bring all your designs."

I fixed my things and got ready.

Stella, Bianca, Jaime, and I entered the conference room together. I sat between Bianca and Stella. We all waited for Mr. Collins to enter.

"Ok. Let's start. Bianca, your designs." She handed her portfolio and waited nervously.

"Nice. I only want these three." He told Bianca.

"Ok...Jaime." He gave his portfolio.

"I like these three too." He said smiling.

"Kate."

"Kate's portfolio is with me, stupid." Stella answered for me.

She handed my designs to him and I felt my hands sweat. He opened the portfolio and looked at my designs. He smiled and looked at me.

"Bravo, Ms. Jones. I like all the designs."

"Uh..thank you, sir." I smiled shyly.

"Marc, I'm thinking if you would like to have a fashion show next month." Stella suggested.

He thought for a while and agreed.

"Stella, I want you to be in charge of the fashion show. Carla, invite the list of guests I will give you. Jaime, you find models. Bianca, I know you like makeup so you know what to do. Kate, you do the designs. I want you to pass new designs this week. And let's hope we can finish everything before the fashion show." And then he was off.

All of us were excited. Well, it's gonna be a busy month.

"Good luck Kate. We're all counting on you." Jaime said.

"Yeah!" The others shouted.

"Sure! I won't let you down. Well, I should be working now." I said giggling.

It's almost lunch and I'm famished. I was packing my things when a girl, a few inches taller than me, entered the office. She just entered Marc's office and then she was gone. Few moments later, both the girl and Marc stepped out of the office, holding hands.

I looked at Stella and the look on her face was disgusted by the couple. She looked at me and mouthed, I told you. He brings girls to his office. He never settles with one. Ok...that's really disappointing. I walked to Stella and asked her to come with me to lunch. She smiled and agreed.

We head off to Jake's Pizzeria, just across the Collins Designs. We found seats near the window and sat down. We ordered our food and drinks.

"Kate, I want to kill my brother. He never settles with one girl. I mean, I don't know if the girls get hurt or what. I don't know what to do to him already. I'm always hoping for a girl to be with him forever. I mean, the nice one. Not some girl who would just go after his money." Stella said while sobbing.

"Hey, don't worry."

"How can I not worry?"

"Give him a challenge. You know...boys like challenges right?" I suggested.

Stella's face lit up.

"Oh I know! I'm gonna really challenge him. Thanks!" Stella hugged me.

The waiter cleared his throat and we pulled away. Our order came. Hmmm smells good.

After lunch...

"Kate!!!!!!" I heard Stella shout.

I went to her desk and looked at her.

"Since you're the designer, I want you to be one of the models. But you're gonna be the last one to come out. I'm gonna pick your gown." She informed me.

I want to decline but I have no choice. I just smiled and agreed. I went back to my desk and continued my sketches. Gosh...I don't know how many I did today. I've been drawing for hours. I looked at my watch and it's almost 4 pm. God..it's almost our time out.

I decided to give my work to Mr. Collins. Ugh..great. Another close encounter with Mr. Arrogant. I knocked on his door and waited for the cue. Seconds later,I heard him say 'come in'. I entered his office and to his desk.

"Sir, here are my sketches. You didn't tell me to give it to Stella so I came to you." I handed him my sketches and waited.

"You may go now." He just said blankly.

"Thank you sir." And then I left his office.

Marc's POV

"Hey baby!" My girlfriend shrieked.

"Hey baby! I was gonna head off for lunch. Come with me." I kissed her lips after saying that.

We went out of my office and I felt my sister glaring. I don't know why she's so mad at me whenever I bring my girlfriends to the office. Anyway, we went to Carlo Ressi's Ristorante. I ate here a few times already. It's my favorite actually. They have good food.

"Baby, how's work?" Dedra asked.

"Good. I'm starting to like it. I only need to check our status and our ranking. And I think my job is easier than the employees. I usually leave it to my sister. She knows fashion more than I do." I answered truthfully.

"Oh well! Wish her good luck! Can't we just go to your apartment?" She asked seductively.

I can't leave my job. We're preparing for the upcoming fashion show.

"Well...I can't. But, you can go prepare and I'll meet you in my apartment later tonight." I said kissing her lips.

Her cheeks turned crimson red. I just smirked and waited for our order.

I was back in my office checking the company's ratings. It's gradually getting lower. Good thing Stella thought of a fashion show and Kate's new designs are stunning. Kate really has potential.

After checking everything, I felt so bored. I decided to sleep. I set my alarm for around 3:30 pm.

Roughly 3:30 pm...

Ring. Ring. Ring.

Ugghh...

"Shut up." I can't reach my phone. Damn! I have no choice but to wake up. I walked to my desk and turned the alarm off. I fixed myself before sitting on my office chair.

Knock. Knock.

Ugh. What now?

"Come in."

Kate came in with her portfolio in her hands.

"Sir, here are my sketches. You didn't tell me to give it to Stella so I came to you." She handed me her sketches and waited.

"You may go now." I just said blankly.

"Thank you sir." And then she left the office.