First Move

Kate's POV

Mid afternoon...

It's been three weeks and I'm stressed. The fashion show is just two weeks away. I'm not complaining if that's what you think. I like my job. I'm just tired from thinking of new designs. Stella and I were barely talking. I think almost all the employees. I haven't seen Mr. Collins' girlfriend for a while. I don't know if he's finding a new one or he's just busy. Just at that thought I remembered that Stella told him to make me fall for him. Uh-uh. I'm not gonna fall for him. I repeated that in my mind.

"Kate!" Ugh. Speaking of the devil.

I turned around to see Mr. Arrogant.

"Yes, Mr. Collins?" I asked.

"You may stop sketching. The designs you gave me are enough." He told me in his serious tone.

As if I'm gonna be scared. I'm strong. I don't get scared easily. Although I do have a fear. Spiders. Fucking spiders. They're gross and creepy crawlers that can send shivers down my spine.

"Oh Kate, can I talk to you later, after work?" He asked softly.

Ok...I think he's starting his first move.

"Sure." I smiled and packed my stuff.

"Uh..where are you going?" Mr. Arrogant asked.

Ughhhhh...really? Does he have to know where or what I'm going to do? God. He's like a freaking stalker.

"I'm going to get coffee. So chill. I'm not going anywhere." I answered impatiently.

He just stared at me while I walked to the snack area.

Marc's POV

God dammit! It's hard to flirt with Kate.

My eyes followed her. I thought she was gonna leave the office. Why did I ask her to stay in the office in the first place? I have no idea. I don't know what hit me but I want to be with her alone. I don't know what I'm supposed to tell her.

Hmm. I think I'll say something nice to her. Like admiring her sketches or her beauty? Reality hit me when Kate was already in front of me.

She cleared her throat and said," Uh..Mr. Collins, you're blocking my way."

"Oh sorry." I said blankly.

"I'm gonna go..." I whispered. Gosh..that's so embarrassing.

I was back in my office and saw envelopes on my table. They're the bills for the fashion show.

It says I have to pay a hundred thousand dollars for everything. The decorations, DJs, food, and the event place.

That's easy. I'm one hell of a billionaire. That's just like what? A dollar to me.

4:30 pm....

Marc's POV

I waited for everyone to leave. I felt my sister grinning at me before she left. I thought of my moves that could make girls swoon at me. I heard Kate saying that she'll be staying for a while. That gave me my cue. I got out of my office and saw Kate packing her sketchbook.

"Hey." I said in my seductive tone.

"Hey?" She said unsurely.

"Uh..I was thinking, if you would like to go out with me tonight." I said nervously.

"Are you asking me out, Mr. Collins?" She asked, smirking at me.

"Yes. You're smirking." I said smiling.