Tainted Memory

One month later....

Kate's POV

I told my brother that I'm engaged and he's happy to know that I'm happy. Zara's already excited to see me in a white dress. Everybody's fussing about our wedding. The press went wild. They've been following us and asking us questions about the wedding date or how Marc proposed. Stella knew Marc was gonna propose. I guess everybody in the office found out too.

Marc and I are going to the doctor today. My baby bump is already visible. We're finally gonna find out the gender. I'm nervous. I hope the baby's healthy after everything that has happened.

I kept fidgeting.

"Baby, it's gonna be alright. Nothing's wrong with our baby. We've got good genes." I smiled at Marc. He's really supportive.

"I know, it's just that...what if the baby has problems? What if..."

"Nothing's wrong. I assure you." He said while entering the doctor's office.

"Marc and Kate, good to see you again. So, how are you, darling?" Dr. Felipe asked.

"I'm fine. My morning sickness has gone. I'm feeling lazy though. And my cravings are really weird." I told him honestly.

"That's normal, dear. Now, would you like to know the gender?" He asked. We both nodded eagerly.

"Please lie down." I did what he said and he started putting gel on my belly. He put the thing on my stomach. We looked at the screen and I relaxed.

"Congratulations, you're having a girl!" I gasped. I saw Marc smiled widely.

"Hear that sound?" The doctor asked. It's her heartbeat!

"Would you like the picture?"

"Yes."

"Wait for a while. I'll be back."

I looked at Marc and hugged him. "Thank you..." he said.

"Here's the pic-.." We pulled away as soon as we heard Dr. Felipe.

"Am I interrupting something?"

"No, you're not." I assured him.

He handed me the sonogram and we looked at it.

"Oh, look at baby blip! She's wonderful!" I said. My tears are already forming. I can't believe we're gonna have a baby.

"Marc, I can't wait for her to be born." I held his arm.

"I know, baby."

Anonymous POV

Yesterday, I visited Mr. West and told him I'll be doing the job today. I told him Kate and Marc are engaged and that infuriated him.

Flashback

"Good morning, Mr. West."

"Is there progress?" As usual, he asked me directly.

"Yes, Kate and Marc's engaged. It's a baby girl." He then slams his hand on the table.

"Goddammit! Kill her! I don't want them to be happy!" With that, he left.

End of flashback

Kate's POV

Marc and I are heading to the office right now. He gave in when I practically looked at him with puppy eyes. I didn't want to go home yet. And I don't want to be left alone in the house.

"You ready?" He asked while starting the car.

"Yeah, I guess." I said. Is it weird that I suddenly feel sleepy?