Post Birthday

Stella's POV

I was so excited when my brother announced that he was taking Kate out on her birthday. He even asked me to arrange a birthday party the next day. Well here I am calling Carla, Bianca and Jaime to help me. They were excited too.

"Stella, I will buy food and the cake." Carla said. I nodded and said, "Buy Kate's favorites." She nodded.

"Jaime, I want you to inform the others and tell them not to tell Kate. To avoid suspicions." He nodded and walked away. I'm assuming he's already calling the others.

"Bianca, help me find Kate's brother." Bianca squealed with excitement.

After a few hours, we finally found her brother's number. I dialed it and waited.

"Josh Jones." A low voice answered.

"I'm Stella, Kate's friend. I was hoping if you could come here to New York. We were planning on surprising Kate on her birthday but not literally on her birthday. We were thinking of surprising her the next day. She's busy on her birthday. I think she has someone to be with. So what do yah think?"

"Ok! Anything for my sister. Good thing I don't have any conflicts."

"Good. See you. Be here in the Collins Designs building, fifth floor. We'll just accompany you there."

"Ok..." I hung up and turned to Bianca. We shouted and we were so excited.

The day after Kate's birthday....

Kate's POV

I woke up late today. I was happy today. I don't know if it's just because I'm a year older or it's something else. I've never been so happy until yesterday.

Ring...ring...ring...

I wonder who's that. Who would find me on a Saturday? Josh? Nah...he's busy. I walked to the door and opened to see Marc. Marc? I blinked twice. It's really Marc.

"Good morning, Kate." He said with his usual grin and eyeing me up and down. And then I realized I was wearing my pjs. Not just my usual pjs, it was my animal printed pjs. Plus I don't have a bra. Dammit. I feel embarrassed. A blush spread through my cheeks and I immediately looked down.

"Good morning, Marc. What are you doing here?" I mumbled.

"Get dressed. We're going somewhere."

"Again? I'm not in the mood." I was about to close the door but he caught it. Ughhhh.

"Kate! Get dressed or I will personally strip you out of your clothes!" Woah...his dominant side appeared again. God I do not want to see him angry but I want to see how he looks.

"Excuse me? You have no right to do that!" I shouted.

"Want a bet? I sure like to win." He grinned widely at me. Goddammit!

"Get in, I'll get dressed." I finally said not wanting to argue more.

It took me thirty minutes to get ready and I already heard Marc shouting downstairs.

"Kate Jones! If you're not here in one minute, I will go there and get you!!" I just laughed and got my bag. I was wearing my jeans and my blue Aeropostale shirt. I went down and saw Marc tapping his fingers impatiently.

"God woman! You only wore that and it took you forever!"

"Sorry...I took a long bath."

"You ready?"

"Where are we going anyways?"

He didn't answer so I assume it was a surprise. We walked to his car and he started the car. He pulled out a handkerchief and turned to me.