Ferris Wheel

Kate's POV

"I will always protect you, Kate. I know you don't want to fall in love but you just don't see it. You have me, I will love you until my last breath. You don't have to cry anymore. Just stay with me." Marc said while caressing my cheeks.

My eyes fluttered open and saw I was in my room. I felt something heavy around my waist. I peeked and it was an arm. I could hear soft snoring near me. I looked at my side and saw Marc sleeping peacefully. I blushed when I remembered my dream.

I spent the whole five minutes just staring at him. I wonder how creepy that is. I've never stared at a man this long. Every time I see him, my heart beats faster and every time he cares about me, it warms my heart. I've never felt this way with Troy.

I slowly grabbed his arm and gently put it down. I quietly slipped off the bed and thought of breakfast. I went down to the kitchen and found some fruits, eggs, and a loaf of bread. I played music while I cooked scrambled eggs and toasted four pieces of bread. I started singing and swaying. I cut the fruits and put it in the blender. Minutes later, breakfast is prepared.

I turned around to lay the plates on the table when I heard footsteps.

"Good morning!" I said in a chirpy voice.

"Good morning, Kate." Marc said while eying the pan behind me.

"Did you have a good sleep?" I asked and partly regretted it as I remembered last night.

"I did, thanks to you." He said while smirking.

"Breakfast is served." I said while serving the food.

Marc sat down and ate.

"Fruit shake?" I asked while holding the pitcher.

"Sure. Oh and please sit down and eat with me. It feels weird when you're the one serving." Such a sweetie.

"Ok." I sat down and ate the scrambled eggs and the toasted bread.

"I wanna go somewhere." Marc said out of the blue.

"What?"

"I want to go somewhere."

"Where? There's not much around here."

"Amusement park."

"Oh yeah, I haven't been there since I was a kid." I said while remembering the times when Josh would bring me to the amusement park.

"Then let's go. Get ready and let's have some fun."

An hour later, we were standing in front of the amusement park.

"My treat." Marc suddenly said before grabbing my hand and walking us to the counter.

Two hours later....

"This is soooo fun!!!" I shouted while riding the roller coaster.

"N-not r-really..." Marc said while breathing heavily.

The ride was done and Marc looked like he was about to barf.

"Let's play some games." I said before dragging him to a booth.

"Shoot the targets until they 'die'. You'll get that big bear over there." The dude said while pointing at that white teddy bear.

Marc and I shot but we only shot two so there was no prize. I frowned.

"I'll go again." Marc suddenly said.

I told him I was buying corn dogs while he was shooting. I paid the vendor and thanked him. Before I could turn around, I felt something soft touching my neck. I turned around to see a giant teddy bear in front of me.

I gasped.

"For you." Marc said while peeking from behind.

"You didn't have to." I said quietly.

"But I want to. You looked like you badly wanted it. Here." He said handing it to me.

I grabbed it and hugged it tightly.

"Thank you sooo much!!!"

Several hours later.....

We went inside the haunted house, rode the boat, the merry go round, etc.

"It's almost night time...should we go?" I asked.

"One last ride. Wouldn't want to miss the Ferris wheel." He said while holding his hand out.

I didn't hesitate to take it. I know that all this will be gone once we're back in New York, might as well make use of it.

We walked hand in hand towards the Ferris wheel. A lot of people were waiting in line.

"Oohh! Look at that cute little doggy! It's so fluffy!" I suddenly said while a Pomeranian passed by. Marc chuckled.

"Do you know I have a dog?" Marc asked.

My head immediately turned to him and I gasped.

"Really?"

"Yeah, I have a golden retriever. He's about four years old."

"Oh my god! That's my favorite breed!! I would like t-" I was cut off by the operator.

"Next please." The operator said while gesturing us to get inside the cart.

Both of us got in and waited until we were at the top. I missed my hometown. The sea, the town, the quiet park, and the people.

"Wow." Marc said quietly.

I just smiled and admired the view. It's already sunset. I felt Marc's hand on mine. My body burned like hell.

"Kate, thank you for today." Marc said while caressing my hand. I looked at him and smiled.

I really had nothing to say. We spent the day well and he made me remember what fun is. I want to tell him what I feel but I'm scared of what he might say. I know that he's not that type to settle down. I'm just not ready.