The Collins

Marc's POV

I was so happy to see Kate smiling yesterday. I met her brother which is a bit scary but we're cool. He's probably older than me for two or three years. He's cool and easy to talk to but he's sometimes scary.

I'm off to see my parents. I don't know why but they wanted to see me. Probably checking what I'm up to. My parents are loving and caring, just what I wanted. They're just really serious when it comes to me. Being me, the playboy, they were really annoyed. There was even one time that Dad wanted me to settle down but I just couldn't. But of course I promised to find a bride for the right time.

I arrived at my parents' summer house. It still looked beautiful after all these years. We have a big backyard, well actually it's really big. We have a little farm that's why. My mom wanted this land when she set her eyes on it. She dreamed of having a small farm with few horses and dogs and chickens too.

I parked my car and fixed my hair. As soon as I got out I heard my mother. "Marc, honey, you're here." I smiled and hugged her.

"Hi mom! I missed you." I said truthfully. Meet my mom, Jane Collins. She's a doctor, specifically a gynecologist. Mom's really the sweetest and loving mom. This is why Dad fell in love with her.

"Marc, let's get inside. Your father's eager to see you." My mom said. I just nodded and followed my mom.

As we walked to our summer house, I looked at our lawn. It looks like Mom just mowed it. And she planted more flowers. Most of them were magnolias. "Marc, good to see you, son." I looked in front to see my dad.

Well, meet my dad, Sean Collins. He's serious and strict on the outside but he's really funny and soft on the inside. We used to play with the dogs and horses. When I was young, he taught me how to handle a horse. He's the best father a son could have.

All three of us entered the house. It still looked the same since I left. I haven't visited for a long time. Our pictures were still there. We bought this place when I was ten. I was glad it's still here.

"Marc, how's work?" My dad asked. I just shrugged. "It's fine." I said coolly. "I'm going to announce something later." He said.

When I entered the living room Stella was already there. I didn't know she was coming. Looks like Dad's having an assembly.

"Hey Marc!" My sister waved to me. I nodded and asked, "Dad, why did you call us?"

"I'll get the food ready. Go set the table boys." Mom said.

"I'll go with you Mom." Stella said. Mom just nodded and they disappeared into our view.

"So..how's our company?" Dad boomed. Yeah boomed. He's really a loud person.

"It's fine, Dad." I said.

"Are you coping with everything?" He asked. Ugghh...why do I have to be here.

"Yes..." I said bluntly.

"Ooohhh Dad! Mom! We have this new employee. She just graduated and she's very beautiful. She has a great talent." Stella butted in.

"Oh...well that's great news." My dad said. "Oh and I'm hearing that you're not bringing any girls in the office this past month. Are you dating someone?" Mom asked. Well that made Stella grin widely.

"Oh no. I'm not. Maybe I'm just busy with work." I said.

"Really Marc? I thought you were flirting with that new girl." Stella beamed. She's seriously bringing this up. Argghh.

Mom and Dad were looking at me, waiting for my answer. "Fine. I'm not dating her yet. We're just friends. I'm just getting to know her."

"When do I meet her?" Mom asked happily.

"You're not going to meet her, Mom. I won't let you. Well not right now. Oh and can we not talk about my relationship life? Why are we really here?"

"Ok..." My dad senselessly said.

Mom and Dad looked at each other and nodded. "Marc, Stella, the annual ball will be moved. Remember we usually do it during August? Well we're moving it." Mom said.

"When? Why?" Stella and I asked.

"It's going to be in December. There's gonna be a bachelorette auction, that's the twist. Stella, I want you to find bachelorettes. Those bachelorettes will be having a one night date with the gentleman who buys her. And those funds will be given to the orphanage." Dad said.

"Oooohhh!!! Ok Dad! I like your plan!" Stella squealed. I seriously have a bad feeling about this.

"Well...I'm expecting the invitations to be sent by now. It's already June, Marc."

"Ok Dad."

"Children, don't forget about our dinner on Friday night. Marc, bring someone with you or better yet bring the girl Stella was talking about. I want to meet her." Mom said. Well more like threatened.

"No! I won't let you meet her!" I said.

"Marc, we want to meet her. I mean it. If not, I'll make your cousin work with you." Dad said.

I have no choice, I can't work with him. "Fine."

Our lunch went well and now I'm in the stables. Well we only have four horses here. And I have my own. He's a black stallion. He's been my horse since I was twelve. I missed him so much. Meet Apple. Yeah I know his name is weird for a horse. I named him Apple because he likes to eat apples.

I stroked his hair and stoked his back. I gave him an apple and he was playin with me. I hugged him. I went to get my saddle and put it behind him. I gave him an apple before riding into him.

"Son! Be careful!" Mom shouted from the house.

I rode her around the ring and then rode her on the field. He's my favorite. He's fast and strong.

After an hour, Apple and I headed back to the stables. I gave him water and apples and went to see the others. I went to the next stable and saw a brown horse with a white streak of line from its head to his muzzle. Meet Blaze. He's Stella's horse. She fell in love with him when she saw him.

The next horses were ours but Dad and Mom didn't want to ride them. They took care of them. Meet Storm and her mother Sasa. Storm is also a brown horse with a white line from his head to his mouth but he's darker. Sasa, on the other hand, is a golden brown horse. Storm gots it's darker color because Apple is his father.

I heard my mom shout so it's time to go. With one last look, I left the stables and went inside the house.

I don't know if Kate would love it here. I just hope she will. This place is wonderful.