Friends? Or Not?

I woke up with a start. I was sweating and my eyes were wet from the tears. Omg....this is the first time I had a nightmare.

"'You seriously thought he loved you?' Isabel said. 'We made a deal. If you fell for him, he should break up with you and date me in return for giving him money for saving their family's company.'"

That day haunted me. I cried as I remembered that day. I remembered the pain in my heart. And then I realized that it's useless to cry over that. It's in the past now. I stood up and washed my face. I stripped naked and was about to take a shower when the doorbell rang.

Who could this be? It's weekend. Josh? Nah. Wonder who.

I wrapped myself in a towel and walked to the door. I opened to see Marc. I got mad immediately and slammed the door. Unfortunately, he blocked the door from closing. I tried pushing but he was stronger. I had no energy so I let him in. He was wearing a grey v-neck shirt and black jeans. I noticed him staring at my body. My blood boiled and I slapped his shoulder.

"Ow!" He rubbed his shoulder and looked at me.

"Stop staring. What do you want?" I hissed.

"Let's talk about what happened last night."

I was hesitant to answer but I agreed.

"I'm taking my shower then let's talk." He just nodded and sat on the sofa.

Twenty minutes later.....

Knock. Knock. Knock.

"What?!?" I shouted knowing Marc was the one who knocked.

"Are you done??" He asked impatiently.

"Wait. I'm changing."

"Want me to help?"

"No! You pervert!"

He didn't answer. I finished changing after a few minutes. I wore my favorite white dress and sandals. I grabbed my bag and went out of the room. I saw Marc sitting on the sofa, tapping his fingers impatiently on the cushion.

"I'm done."

"Took you forever."

"I'm sorry. Did I make you wait too long?"

"Yes, woman."

"Hmm...as far as I'm concerned, it's you who want to talk."

"Ok, fine." He took my hand and dragged me outside of the apartment.

"Where are you taking me!?!"

"To eat. I know you haven't eaten." And my stomach growled. Ugh..this is embarrassing. He smirked and grinned at me.

He led me to his car just across the street. We were awfully quiet the whole ride. I looked out the window and saw the beauty of New York. I smiled at the view.

"We're here." I heard Marc say. I turned to him and then in front.

We entered the restaurant and sat in the VIP rooms as requested by Marc.

"So...I um...I'm sorry for last night. I shouldn't have acted that way." He apologized. I made a face that made him apologize more.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm truly sorry. I'm sor-" I've had enough.

"Stop it."

"I'm sorry. I didn't know what I did affected you. I'm sorry."

"Ok..ok. Now stop it. I forgive you." He stood up and hugged me. Actually, he squeezed me. "You don't know how much you made me happy." I'm already having a hard time breathing. Marc noticed that I was already choking. He pulled away from me while I was catching my breath.

"Here, sorry bout that." He gave me water and I drank it.

"Friends?" He asked.

"Hmmm....no." I teased.

"Oh come on."

"Yes."

"Really?!?!"

"Yes." I said.

The waiter approached us with our order. Marc ordered an omelet while I ordered pancakes. "Sir, coffee or tea?" Kyle, the waiter asked.

"Mocha macchiato, please. Kate?" I nodded and smiled. "I'm surprised we have the same tastes in coffee, Mr. Collins." I mused.

"I'm glad to know that, Ms. Jones." He said grinning at me.

"Shall we eat?" I nodded and started digging in. I noticed him staring and smirking at me.

"What?" I asked annoyingly. Can't I eat peacefully? It's so weird knowing that someone's staring at me while I eat.

"Nothing. It's amusing." Amusing?!?!? How dare he! I finished my food and stood up.

"You know what? I'm gonna go home. Thanks for the treat, Marc." I didn't wait for his response and left.

"Kate! Wait up!" I heard him from behind. He's catching up so I ran. I jog every weekend so I think he won't catch up.

"Kate!!!" I felt his steps coming closer. Unfortunately, he caught up with me. He grabbed my wrists and pulled me to him. Our faces were so close and my heart's pounding so fast. Omg...I thought. I swear he could hear my heart pounding. He was so close that I could smell his breath. He was leaning and I snapped out of my thoughts.

"Fuck off, Marc!" He opened his eyes and looked shocked.

"Sorry...got carried away. So...um...I'll drive you home now."

"We're here." He said weirdly.

We both got out of the car and Marc walked me to my apartment.

"Uh..I'm sorry..I uhm...I did that." He said awkwardly.

"It's fine. I understand. I uh..have to go." I said rubbing the back of my neck.

"Wait...thanks. I'm glad we're friends. I hope this will be the start of our long friendship."

"Sure. Thanks for breakfast." I smiled and went inside my apartment.

Marc's POV

Yes! Yes! Yes! Kate and I are friends! I just hope I can court her sooner. I want to make her happy. She looks beautiful when she smiles and laughs.

My phone rang and the caller ID says Stella.

"Stella."

"So? Did you make it up to Kate?"

"Well, I got her to eat with me a while ago. She agreed to be friends. That's my hint."

"That's good news bro!"

"I know I know. I'm just thinking how to court her."

"Isn't that too early? Try to make her trust you first."

"How? She has trust issues right?"

"Oh right...sorry bro. You have to earn her trust. It would probably take long. I don't know how you're gonna do it, but please..don't hurt her. She's had enough."

"Why can't you just tell me what happened to her?"

"Marc, it's personal. She's supposed to be the one to tell you, not me."

"Fine."

"Oh! I forgot to tell you. Kate's birthday's in four days. Remember, you have to be patient." Stella said before hanging up.

I have to earn her trust. I have to be patient. I swear I won't let anything or anyone hurt her. As her friend, I shall make her happy.