Horses and Chickens

Marc's POV

I woke up with Kate cuddling me. I watched her sleep. Her face looks calm and cute. A strand of hair covered her face so I tucked it behind her ear. She shifted so I tried not to move much.

After a while, her eyes fluttered open. "Morning sunshine." I said, smiling at her. "Morning.." She said weakly. Her eyes are a bit puffy from last night. She suddenly pulled away from me and said, "Oh my god...I..uh..I'm gonna take a shower.." She ran quickly in the bathroom. I think she felt embarrassed to be cuddling with me. I just chuckled and turned on the tv.

Kate's POV

Ohmygosh!! How long has he been looking at me? I was even cuddling him. Then, I remembered my nightmare last night. I can't believe I told him that Troy's my ex. I have to tell him not to cancel the partnership. It's business and I shouldn't make it personal.

I took a long shower and thought about how Marc made me feel better. He comforted me when I needed someone. At least he did it like Zara. He really is a good friend. I may have underestimated him.

I walked out of the bathroom to see Marc watching tv. Good thing I was wrapped in a towel.

"My turn..." He said and grabbed a towel and went into the bathroom.

While Marc was taking a shower, I changed into my shorts and yellow shirt. It wasn't long when Marc was finished. He stepped out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his waist.

Sweet Jesus mother of god....

He looks so handsome when he's wet. Man, his body! His body is well built and his six pack! Ohmygad.

"Done staring?" He asked while smirking. I blushed and said, "I'm not staring. Go get dressed..." Well I guess he didn't hear it because he came closer to me. Droplets of water were dripping from his hair and he moved his face closer to mine. My heart was beating fast and he smirked. "Baby, you're staring at my body...are you thinking what I'm thinking?" He grinned.

"N-no..." I looked away to hide my blush.

"Baby, you look cute when you blush..." Now I even blushed harder. He then touched my cheek and my body tingled. What the hell was that?!?

He leaned closer and I closed my eyes. My breathing increased. "I want to kiss those lips of yours but I'm not some guy who would disrespect you after telling me about your past." He said before kissing my forehead and stepping backward.

I was speechless. I stood there shocked.

"I'll meet you downstairs." He finally said. I just nodded and headed downstairs. I can't even stop thinking about what just happened.

"Good morning, Kate!" Jane greeted.

"Morning, Jane, Sean, Uncle Loyd." I said warmly.

There's already pancakes and eggs on the table. "Sean, honey, come help me get drinks." Sean was busy talking to Uncle Loyd so I just decided to help Jane.

"Oh thank you, Kate. Sorry about Sean. He's really catching up with his brother." Jane said.

"It's okay...I'm glad to help you. Here..." I took the glasses to the table.

"Kate!!" Stella and Miley shouted.

"Good morning!" I chirped. Marc followed behind them.

"Morning everyone!" The three of them said in unison. We all laughed and sat down at the table.

"So...Marc, have you taken Kate around here?" Miley asked before taking a bite of the pancake.

I just sat there quietly and enjoyed my food. Yeah..I know I'm a pig. I love food but the thing is...I'm like my dad..I never get fat. I got the good genes.