The Ex

Kate's POV

It's Monday and it means back to work. I'm nearly late because of Zara. She kept me awake all night talking about stuff.

I grabbed my things and zoomed out of my apartment and went to the office. As I entered the office, Carla immediately called for me and asked me to go to the conference room. I grabbed my portfolio and went to the room. Marc and Stella were already sitting there.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"A client wanted to have a partnership with us. The client called last night, said he wanted to discuss some things." Marc said.

I sat down beside Stella and soon Bianca and Jaime came. Minutes passed and I wondered who's the client.

Carla came in and said, "Mr. Collins, this is Mr. West of West Hotels." He came in and my eyes went wide. It's Troy! How could he be here?!?!? Suddenly I was frozen, I couldn't move. I was too shocked.

Troy's POV

I entered the room and saw Kate. She was smiling but when she saw me, she was shocked. Looks like she isn't happy to see me.

"Good morning, Mr. Collins."

"Good morning. Have a seat." Marc was cool. Looks like he still doesn't know that I'm the ex.

He gestured me to sit down beside Kate.

I'm so lucky today. Sitting beside Kate is just wonderful. Kate's face was priceless.

"I would like you to meet my crew. Stella, the chief designer, Kate, our best designer, Bianca and Jaime, two of our intricate designers. Carla, my secretary." Marc said.

I just nodded. "Ok, what would you like to do, Mr. West?"

"I want to have a partnership with your company. I saw the designs and wanted to have a shop in all of our hotels around the country."

"Ok then. Do you want specific designs?"

"No. Any would do." I handed a contract and Marc signed it. We both stood up and shook hands.

"Thank you, Mr. Collins. I'll just ask my secretary to talk to you. You know, being the CEO of our company...I'm very busy. Don't worry, I'll just brief my secretary about it." I said.

"Yes, thank you, again, Mr. West."

"Thank you." I shook Marc's hand and his secretary's hand. I was about to shake Kate's hand but she suddenly said, "Excuse me, I..uh have to go to the restroom." She signaled her friend to go with her. Looks like she hasn't moved on.

I left the building and I grinned widely. It worked out just as I planned.

Kate's POV

I can't breathe. I can't believe he's here. I sat there just frozen. He wants a partnership. What the hell?!?!?

"Kate, are you okay?" Stella asked. I can't even talk. "Hey, what happened? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"I..it's my ex." I found my voice and told Stella. She looked confused.

"He called you??"

I shook my head and answered, "No...he's Mr. West." I said weakly.

"No way! That guy in there's your ex?!?!?" I nodded.

"Stella, I can't breathe. I need air. Tell Marc that I'll be back by lunch."

"Ok. I'll go with you."

"No...it's okay...I'm gonna be fine. I just need to clear my mind."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, Stella. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. Wanna eat lunch with me?"

"Ok...fine. Just call if something happens." Stella said.

Here I am in a coffee shop thinking about my ex again. Why would he come back? Revenge for slapping him? Or is it just really business? My mind kept thinking about him. I moved on already right? I mean I'm just shocked. I'm not falling for him again. I've got my own job and I love my work. I'm happy.

Marc's POV

"Excuse me, I..uh have to go to the restroom." Kate suddenly said.

We were just done with the meeting and she's gonna go to the restroom? What's wrong with her? She's so quiet throughout the meeting. It's not like her. She looks pale throughout the meeting.

"Marc..." Stella suddenly called.

"Yes?"

"Kate's..uh not feeling well. She's gonna be back by lunch. She's having lunch with me. Wanna join?" Not feeling well huh. Is she pregnant? No! That can't happen! She's never that careless.

"Sure..."

"Meet us at the nearest restaurant. We usually eat there."

"Ok."

Kate's POV

Arghh. I seriously can't get him out of my head. What is wrong with me?!? You're still hurt and you haven't moved on. You can't stand it when he's around. My conscience snapped. It's lunch time and I have to meet Stella. Looks like I have to tell Stella I haven't moved on. It still hurts.

My phone rang. It's Stella.

"Hey..."

"Kate, Marc's joining us. I think he noticed your face a while ago."

"Oh..it's okay..."

"Kate..." Marc said.

"Hi..." I said weakly.

Stella waved behind him. I smiled weakly and gestured them to sit down

.

"Emma! Our usual!" Stella told Emma, our usual waitress.

"So..Kate what happened? Why were you so pale in the meeting? Are you pregnant?" Marc bombarded me with questions.

"What the hell?!? I'm not pregnant you idiot! I haven't even..." I trailed off realizing what I had just said.

"Ok...let's stop worrying about Kate. Let's just eat and enjoy our food." Stella butted in.

Well our lunch went well. Marc talked about the family dinner on Friday night.

He invited me, well, begged me to go. Stella was ecstatic. She told me I could see their farm and horses.

Marc even asked me to bring some casual clothes. He forced me to stay there for the weekend.

Troy's POV

I was glad to know that Kate hasn't moved on. I'm eager to see her again. I wonder when that is but I will surely meet her again. She will be mine soon. I will marry her and make my own family with her. I will steal her away from Marc or any other man.