New York

This is it, Kate. New York here I go! I stepped out of my car after several hours of driving. I found an apartment for rent near Collins Designs. I decided to apply there. I saw their designs. They were intricate and fabulous. I called the company and asked for an appointment.

Two days later...

Here I am, in Collins Designs. I hope I get the job. I walked inside the lobby and told the receptionist, "Excuse me, uh..I have an appointment with Mr. Collins."

"Go to the fifth floor. Someone will accompany you there."

"Thank you."

I did as I was told. I was now standing in awe. I saw wonderful dresses and gowns. It's like I'm in heaven. I snapped out of my thoughts when someone cleared her throat.

"Hi there. I'm Carla, Mr. Collins' secretary. I believe you're here for the interview." She said softly.

"Ah yes. Oh I'm Kate Jones." I introduced myself.

"This way Ms. Jones." She directed me and guided me.

"Hope you get the job! Oh, be careful. He's kinda strict and bossy. Good luck!",She said.

Ok this is it. Relax Kate, relax

.

I knocked on the door and waited for the cue.

"Come in." Said on the other side of the room.

I went inside shyly and slowly closed the door. I looked around the place before looking at the boss. Oh my gosh! He's so hot and handsome! I slightly looked away when I noticed him ogling at me. I stepped closer and cleared my throat.

"Excuse me, I'm Kate Andrea Jones. I'm applying for a job. A designer, specifically." I said softly as I handed him my resume.

"Ah yes." He looked at my resume.

I waited for him to finish reading while I sat down.

"Ok, you're hired. I expect you to do a good job Ms. Jones. Don't go easy on me because I'm not. I don't like flaws." He said harshly.

Gosh..Carla's right. He is kinda strict. But I'm ready for it.

"Yes sir, I won't let you down." I said nervously.

"You'll start tomorrow, Ms. Jones." He said.

After that, I walked out of his office.

Someone cleared her throat behind me. And I smiled.

"Soo?" Carla asked.

I frowned a bit and noticed her frown too. I quickly smiled and looked at her. She looked at me and said, "You got the job, didn't you?"

"Yes I did!!!" We both jumped happily.

Someone cleared their throat behind us and we turned around.

"Get back to work, Carla." Mr. Collins ordered. He then looked at me.

"Ms. Jones, you may go now and prepare for work tomorrow. I'll be expecting you at eight in the morning." He said in a serious tone.

I just nodded and left.

After meeting Mr. Collins, I went to the nearest café to buy my favorite. Vanilla macchiato and blueberry muffin. I could smell the aroma of the coffee beans as I entered the café. I walked to the counter and smiled.

"What would you like to order, miss?" The lady asked.

"One cup of vanilla macchiato and a blueberry muffin, please." I said.

I waited for my order as the lady gave me my change.

"Here you go, miss." The lady said. I just smiled and thanked her.

I found a seat near the window and placed my things there. As I was sipping my drink, I imagined what tomorrow would be like. Will Mr. Collins like my designs? Will he fire me when I mess up?

Ugh...Kate stop thinking negatively. Think happy thoughts. He will like my designs.

He will like them.

As soon as I finished my food, I went to buy some sketch pads and colored pencils.

I went home around 4 pm. As soon as I'm done with my shower, I quickly cooked. I cooked my favorite carbonara and steak. I learned my grandmother's recipe when I was 12. She taught me a lot of things. I already missed her.

I finished my food and washed the dishes. I jumped on my bed and opened my laptop.

I opened my Facebook and saw Troy and Isabel together on a road trip. Ughhhh....I hate them.

Zara: Hey! How's New York?

Me: I haven't looked around. But i got a job at Collins Design.

Zara: omg!! That's awesome!!

Me: How bout u?

Zara: I got a job at Holls Enterprise. I'm starting tomorrow. our boss is creepy and bossy...

Me: my boss too...GOSH...he's also mouthwatering handsome...

Zara: Try not to fall in love...

Me: i wont..you know me...after Troy...I'm allergic to love already...

Zara: ok good luck! gotta go!

Me: bye!

After our little chat, I fixed my things for tomorrow. Tomorrow's gonna be different. I'll be one of the fashion designers at Collins Designs.