Benefit Ball

Kate's POV

Breathe in. Breathe out.

The day has finally come. I don't know what to do. Just two or three days ago, the dressmakers finished the designs. I'm excited to see my work.

Ding. Dong.

Oh! Stella's here!

I ran to the door and opened it. "Hi!!" I said with a big smile.

"You're cheery." Stella said.

"Oh I'll help you with that." I said, eyeing the dresses and other stuff she brought."

We started picking dresses. Four gowns caught my eye. It was simpler yet elegant. The peach one is very long and the strap should be around my neck. The cleavage isn't that low. The dark blue one has sequins down the cleavage and it's backless. The maroon one looked elegant with the black accent at the side. Lastly, the black one has a slit on the side and the cleavage is quite low. It's also backless.

"I picked four." I said while getting the gowns.

"So, what should I wear?" I asked.

"Try them all. I'll judge the way they look on you."

I tried every gown and Stella kept giving me stares.

"You know, everything looked good on you. But, the black one's better." Stella said. Guess black gown it is.

I glanced at the clock and it's already four. Marc said he's gonna pick me up around six thirty.

"We should hurry. It's already four."

Stella did my make up. As soon as she was finished, I looked at the mirror.

"Woah..." was all I said.

"Did you like it?"

"I look different. I look more...um..mature."

"You look beautiful. Now let me do your hair."

Stella started brushing my hair. I stared at my reflection. My eyes are a bit darker with the eyeliner. The eyeshadows are dark. My blush is light but my lips. God, my lips are hot red. I really looked different.

"Done." I heard Stella said. I then looked at the reflection of my hair. Stella curled the ends of them. I thought she was gonna do something like a bun.

"You look perfect just like that. You're a natural beauty, no wonder my brother likes you." I suddenly coughed at her last sentence.

"Don't get me wrong, but your brother doesn't actually like me. He just pitied me after I told him about my past."

"Come on, he likes you." Stella said, giving me a warm smile.

"I...never mind. It's your turn."

I did Stella's make up. I just put light colored makeup on her. She really didn't need dark makeup. I finished putting lipstick on her.

"So..." I said while she looked at her reflection.

"Not so bad. I love it!"

I started brushing and ironing her hair. I did a braid at the side and tied it on the other side of her hair. I curled the ends of her hair too.

"There..all done."

She turned around and looked at my work.

"Wonderful!! Thank you! Thank you, Kate!" She said before hugging me tightly.

Ding. Dong.

"Oh! That must be my brother!" Stella stood up. "Stay here, first. I'm done already. Wear your heels!" She said before practically zooming down to get the door.