Business Trip

Kate's POV

It's Monday and work again. I just arrived at my desk when Carla suddenly appeared.

"Good morning, Kate!" She greeted.

"Mornin!" I chirped.

"Marc wants to see you in his office." I suddenly felt nervous. Why would he call me? Is it because of the time spent in the farm?

I regained my composure and walked to his office. I knocked and waited for the signal.

"Good morning, Kate. Please, sit." I just smiled at him and sat down.

"I guess you're wondering why I wanted to talk to you."

"Yes...did I do something wrong?" I asked shyly.

"Oh no, in fact you did the opposite. Many people were emailing me and they wanted to meet you. They loved your designs." I just nodded. I'm really happy that people liked them.

"And that is why I want you to come with me to France and Italy. Mr. Cruz and Ms. De Limo wanted to meet you. I think they wanted us to export it and sell it to them."

And just like that..I'm going to Europe. I don't know whether to be excited or to be nervous.

Friday night...

Kate's POV

Here I am, waiting for Marc in the airport. I keep calling him because I'm really anxious about the flight. I've never been in an airplane and I don't know how to check in my luggage. I was about to call Marc again when someone shouted far from behind. I turned around to see Marc walking towards me.

"Marc! Thank god you finally came! I didn't know what to do!"

"Sorry. Come, let's get our luggages checked in."

We boarded the plane after an hour of waiting. I was happy that I was going to Europe. I actually messaged Zara and Josh two nights before. Zara was happy for me and wished she could go with me. Josh at first was protective since he knew that I was with Marc but I convinced him that it's just business. Eventually he let it go.

Here I am sitting on the plane. I'm really nervous. This is my first time and I heard about plane crashes. The thought of it made me scared. It's too early to die.

"Kate, don't be scared. Just breathe. I'm beside you, don't worry." Marc said while looking at me.

"I can't help it. I've never been in a plane before." I said sheepishly. Marc held my hand and caressed it.

"Just sleep, it'll help. I'll just fill up the forms given."

Marc's POV

I was filling up the forms when I noticed Kate's head was already bobbing. I chuckled and finished the forms before giving them to the attendant.

She looks so sweet and so fragile. She puts up her strong side but inside, she's hurting. It's one of the reasons why I extended our stay. I wanted to cheer her up. I want her to forget the pain and just be happy. Kate's head was starting to fall on my shoulder so I just took her in my arms. I watched her sleep for a while before I fell into a deep sleep.

"We're arriving in Paris in ten minutes." The pilot said. I looked at Kate and she's still asleep so I decided to wake her up.

I gently shook her arm and whispered, "Kate, wake up. We'll be landing." She shifted closer to me and her eyes fluttered open. She moaned and looked up.

"Hi there.." I said while smiling at her.

"Hi.." She whispered. She then froze and moved away from me and said, "Oh my god..I'm sorry..I didn't mean to lean on you. Did I drool on you? Did I-" I cut her off. "It's fine. And no, you didn't drool. In fact, you look cute when you're asleep." She blushed. I like it when she blushes.