The Aftermath

Kate's POV

I got discharged from the hospital two weeks later. Marc insisted that I stay at home for a week. We practically argued the whole ride home. After a while, I gave up. I guess being stabbed and losing a baby made me lose energy.

"Hey...you okay?" I heard Marc ask before touching my hand.

"Yeah..I just didn't expect this would happen to us. Everything's going so well."

"I know. Don't worry. We caught the man. Detective Hale will be asking you some questions tomorrow. We'll find out who the real culprit is." He said, reassuring me. I smiled and hugged him. We got out of the car and went inside. I went to the guest room and gasped. The room's empty. I went inside, opened my closet, and gasped.

"Where are my things?" I also rummaged through the bathroom and my drawers.

"In my room." I turned around to see Marc leaning against the door.

"You're gonna be my wife soon, so you're sleeping with me. Besides, I need to take care of you." He wiggled his eyebrows up and down.

I stood there in silence. I really don't know what to say.

"Come on, let's go to our room." He walked towards me and took my hand. I sighed.

"What was that for?" He asked.

"What?" I looked at him confused.

"The sigh." Oh. I didn't know he heard that.

"I sighed because I feel content. You know, I'll never get used to the luxuries you give me. I'm content with everything right now."

"You do know that what I have right now is also yours, right? We're sharing everything from now on." Marc caressed my hand. We stopped walking and noticed we're already in front of his room.

"Marc, we're not yet even married. So, technically, we're not sharing what's yours." He just smirked and gave me a peck.

"I love you." He said while pulling me into him. I giggled and hugged him back.

Marc and I went to the police station for the investigation with Detective Hale. I squeezed Marc's hand before entering the station.

We walked towards the reception and Detective Hale caught sight of us.

"Mr. Collins, Ms. Jones, glad to see you here. But I could've gone to you though. Anyway, I have good news. Let's talk in my office." He said while leading us to his office.

We sat down while Detective Hale opened his drawer and pulled out a folder.

"I will show you this file but first, I have a few questions for you, Ms. Jones." I nodded.

"What did you do before you got stabbed?"

"I went to buy snacks from the store near our building." Marc squeezed my hand. I mouthed 'I'm okay' to him to ease him.

"When you saw the man approaching, did you know or recognize him?"

"No, I actually didn't even notice him. I thought he was just passing by. The next thing I knew, I was already stabbed."

"Okay then." He handed Marc the folder. He opened it and a stranger's picture was there.

"We have the interrogation and it took us more than an hour to squeeze the truth out of the guy. His name's Rey Santiago. His family was given money to sustain themselves by Troy West."

"That son of a bitch!" Marc suddenly stood up.

"Baby, calm down." I took his hand and pulled him down.