Chapter 11 - A Walk In The Park

Chapter 11.

"WHAT?!"

I do a double take as Lyke and I re-enter his house.

"You're telling me...We're...We're...???" Callia gasps, clutching one of the velvet pillows on the couch close to her chest.

The poor girl looks terrible. She's awoken from her drunken stupor to be shocked sober with this fresh revelation.

She glances up at me as I stand awkwardly in the entranceway to the lounge.

"You! How could you do this to us?!" She snaps, narrowing her eyes and pointing an accusatory finger at me.

I gasp slightly, taken aback.

"I-Uh-Err...I don't know! I'm sorry Callia. Honestly, I didn't come here to get everyone in a mess like this."

She sighs, "Everything was fine here until you came to town, now look at what you've done!"

Ashlyn gets up and walks over to me.

"Look, don't take it personally. She's still a bit out of it."

"I AM NOT!" Callia snaps.

A flash of lightning strikes the ocean.

Emma strokes Callia's shoulder lightly from where she's sitting beside her on the couch.

"Calm down sweetie. It's all going to be OK."

Callia shakes her head, her expression frantic, "OK?! Are you kidding me?"

Laura shrugs, "No... We've all got pretty wicked powers...That's not half bad, is it?"

"Yeah, sure, whatever." Callia groans, grabbing a fistful of her flaxen hair in distress, "But which 'Gods' have you actually found?"

I list them off for her, "Athena, Artemis, Hestia, Hera and Hermes."

"So, you're telling me you've only found that many?!" Callia gasps.

I shrug, "Err, yes?"

"Which means that Aphrodite, Demeter, Zeus, Apollo, Ares, Hephaistos and Poseidon are still out there? Oh, and WHAT ABOUT HADES? Hmmmm???"

"And Dionysus, he came in there too...Somewhere..." Ashlyn adds.

I raise my eyebrows at her, I don't want Ashlyn to make this situation worse.

She offers me a sheepish smile in reply, mouths sorry, and runs a hand through her fiery red mane.

"We're still looking for them." Lyke explains, trying to calm Callia down. We don't exactly want her attacking the city tonight with her rampage of lightning.

She groans in reply and buries her head in the pillow, "I just can't believe this."

"Yeah...Neither can we." Andrew adds, "Also, can we actually figure out who Callia and I are? I'm still just as confused as she is."

Laura rolls her eyes, "I can tell..."

"Quit reading my mind!" Andrew snaps.

I take a deep breath and pull the crumpled sheet of paper out of my pocket again.

"Sure...Let's see. Shall we all agree that Callia is...Ah...Zeus? It's the only plausible conclusion, seeing as she has control over lightning and all that."

Everyone either shrugs or nods in agreement, it's quite funny, we've all become slightly blasé with this whole 'God' thing.

"Seriously?" Callia gasps, slightly surprised.