Chapter 30 - Call Me Persephone

Hey guys, we're number #69 on the Adventure charts! Woo hoo! :D thank you so much!

Please vote and comment if you're enjoying the end of this novel, not many chapters left to go now....

I might post again later today! 10+ votes would be awesome!

Enjoy, xox

Andrea

Chapter 30.

Tisiphone wails with a ghastly sound that rips through my ear drums as Ashlyn's arrow buries itself deep inside her head.

"That's what you get for calling me a tree goddess." Ashlyn snarls, looking unnervingly satisfied with her actions.

I'm not entirely sure if she did the right thing. She seems more impulsive than usual down here. I guess I don't know what happened to everyone else in those fields, maybe she saw something that mentally messed her up too.

"You'll regret doing that!" Tisiphone screeches, black smoke seeping out from her dark eyes as her knees buckle and she falls to the floor.

Ashlyn rolls her eyes, "Well, it doesn't take much to topple you!"

"Revenge will be sweet..."

"Pfft." Ashlyn replies, firing another two arrows into Tisiphone's chest for good measure, before strutting past th woman and walking towards the next gate.

I take a deep breath and walk away from the wretched fury, I've seen enough today and I need to keep Ashlyn from attacking anyone else down here.

I have no idea what is up with her right now.

"Right!" She chuckles as we all reach the Gates of the Damned. "Who's next?"

"No one!" I shout, slamming my palm against the front of the gate, "These creatures are down here for a reason! They're just doing their job."

Marco sighs in relief, "Thank you!"

Ashlyn glares at me, and I notice something different about her eyes...they're no longer bright blue.

They've turned red.

"I agree with Ashlyn." Emma snarls, "We need to kill everything down here."

"Pardon?" I start, watching as Emma's eyes flash a bright crimson shade too.

I can't do anything but watch as Emma and Ashlyn push past me, forcing open the Gates of the Damned.

Callia follows after them, leaving Marco, Lyke, Laura and I standing on the other side.

"They're psyche has changed." Laura mutters, "Their thoughts have become clouded with darkness."

"Probably Tauren again, she's already used a fair amount of magic down here already, who's to say she isn't doing this now." Lyke suggests.

Marco shakes his head of messy black curls, "It's not her."

"Then who?" I ask.

"Raven. Eris. She's the goddess of discord, right? She's trying to turn us against each other...one at a time."

I squeeze my eyes shut and force myself not to scream in frustration. They're trying to split us apart, destroy us from within.

"What can we do then?" Lyke sighs, rubbing his temples and trying to focus in the middle of this mess.

"Hope we're not the next one to become bloodthirsty?" Laura mutters, kicking at a few pieces of coal on the ground.

"Try to stop our friends from killing the rest of the guards down here?" I add, wincing a little as I hear a high-pitched scream come from the next area.