Chapter 13 - The Oracular God

A/N

Hey guys! This is where the newly written chapters start! I'm really excited to be writing this again :) Feedback would be lovely! xo

Chapter 13

Andrew and I spend the rest of the day taking in some of the hotspots of the Cobalt Isles, hitting up some of the upmarket shops and exploring the many galleries and museums. We desperately try to distract ourselves and refrain from mentioning anything about Selina and her uncanny powers.

It's just better not to think about it.

I mean, that whole thing she did with Andrew and I, it's left us in a very awkward spot. I guess it's just best to keep everything on the friendly level for now. I haven't been in this place for too long and I've already caused enough drama as it is.

The weather is still balmy as the two of us start jogging back along the beachfront track at the end of the day. A warm breeze wafts my hair around my face and the sun licks the back of my neck as our feet pound against the stony path.

"Thanks for this."

I glance over at Andrew and flash him a grateful smile. I needed today, to feel normal again.

He shrugs candidly, "Not a problem, it was my pleasure. You really needed a tour anyway, I'm glad I was the one who gave it to you."

I nod in agreement, "Absolutely! I still can't believe that it has only been a week...So much has happened."

I fall silent for the rest of the run, and spend the next fifteen minutes thinking back to Selina.

As much as I try to push the thought of her and her powers out of my mind, they keep coming back to the forefront.

Then there's Damian, her perfect boyfriend, who also experienced the headaches.

Aphrodite...and who?

Hold on a second!

"Andrew!" I gasp, skidding to a halt along the track.

He's caught off guard and has run a few meters ahead before turning back around to look at me.

"Yes? What's the matter?"

I walk over to him, knotting and unknotting my fingers.

"You know how you and Ashlyn are stepsiblings, so you have a similar relationship to Apollo and Artemis? I mean, that's how I figured out who you were anyway."

He nods slowly, "Um, yes? Where are you going with this?"

"If Selina is Aphrodite...perhaps Damian is Aphrodite's partner, Hephaistos."

"He did mention he was getting good marks in metalwork..."

"Exactly! It makes even more sense when you add that fact in."

Andrew thinks this through, "So if we've got another two-people figured out, who do we have left?"

The two of us begin jogging again as I go through the list in my head.

"Err, just Poseidon, Demeter and Ares."

"Well, if we're right about these two, that means we only have three of the twelve left to go."

I stare out at the sun as it begins to dip down in the horizon, another day coming to an end. If we're lucky, another two gods discovered along with it. If I can try and figure out who the last three are before the end of the week, we might have a better idea of what is to come next.