Chapter 1 - A Glitzy Fresh Start

Here is the edited version of Divine Chaos :)

Well, hi! Thanks for taking the time to check out this novel! This is my first teen fiction, and I'm really excited to share it with you all!

Enjoy the 'Divine Chaos' in it ;)

xx - Andrea

Chapter 1.

I think my parents are trying to test me right now, in more ways than one.

For most seventeen year olds like myself, going back to school after winter break is hard enough, the weather has just started getting nicer, you're looking forward to wearing shorts all the time and heading to the beach, but you're dragged back to school for another few months to study...

Well, I've got to go back to school tomorrow after winter break ends. But there's a catch...

I must finish the year at a completely new school, in a completely new town.

It's hard enough starting at a new school at the beginning of the school year as a junior, but coming in halfway through, that's a completely different story.

Speaking of, this 'new town' needs to be addressed. Compared to the sleepy riverside area I used to live in until a couple of days ago, the Cobalt Isles are the absolute opposite.

My father, who's a top neurosurgeon, got offered a job here, and since my mother is a lawyer and can work basically anywhere, he took the job and well, here we are.

My mother turns to smile and mouth something at me from the front seat of the new car my father just got given for work. The two of them have been gazing at the scenery and talking about how stunning it is here ever since we stepped off the plane half an hour ago.

I take out my earphones and blink a few times, amazed at how quiet the world is compared to the music I've been blaring in my ears during the trip.

"Pardon?"

My mother rolls her eyes, "I said, isn't it stunning here?"

I glance out the window to watch the idyllic landscape speed past me for a few seconds, "It's very blue."

My father and her chuckle slightly, before she replies, "And I thought you were good at English sweetie. Can't you think of something better than that? This place just inspires you!"

I give her a small smile, "I'm just a little overwhelmed, and I'm not really looking forward to settling in tonight and then heading off to school tomorrow."

The two of them laugh again before my father adds, "I don't understand why you're worrying about that, it's not like you're going to be behind in any of your studies."

"It's not the school work that worries me, it's the whole social side of things, everyone already has friends." I sigh, blowing a strand of my long auburn hair out of my eyes.

"I'm sure they'll be welcoming. Don't start sounding like some clichéd book character on us." He replies, and then begins to talk with my mother about some fancy restaurant a new colleague recommended to him.

I place my earphones back in and unlock my bright blue iPhone to change the song to something more fitting, settling on Pumping Blood, by NONONO.

The more I think about this change of scenery, the more my heart flutters.

*

My headspace about The Cobalt Isles changes almost instantly when I catch sight of our new house.