Chapter 23 - Prom

Agh! You guys don't understand how excited I am to be writing and sharing this with you again!

I really hope you enjoy this chapter! Just 5 votes for the next one please!

If you have forgotten what happened last time, here's a quick recap:

Tonight, is the night of Prom. The theme is Grecian (which Amber finds a little Cliche)

Amber has had a secret haircut - but no one has seen it yet.

Lyke asked Amber to prom, but ended up asking Ashlyn later. Luca was asked by Callia. Amber has decided to go solo.

Laura, Selina and Ashlyn are running for prom queen....

And the night certainly won't be going as planned ;)

Enjoy.

Chapter 23

The sun begins to dip below the horizon. Bathing in the cool ocean as snowflakes begin to dance across the road.

I drive home, my hair still safely tucked under my beanie, still keeping the new style to myself.

I've just spent the day putting the finishing touches to the theatre, which is now dripping in curtains and crystal chandeliers. It will look stunning tonight, when it's filled with my classmates in their exquisite gowns.

I've finally chosen my own. It's hanging in a long cream garment bag in my wardrobe.

The last few days have been nothing but busy. I've been decorating, attending more combat sessions with my fellow Olympians, and trying to keep up with the mass amount of school work that has been thrust upon me.

I think I'll survive.

At times like these, I've got to show I can tough it all out.

Andrew did ask me to Prom, which was terribly nice of him.

I tried my best to decline though, telling him about my plan to go solo, which he kindly accepted. He's now going with Laura, which she appears to be over the moon about, who better than the basketball captain to be on her arm for her prom queen campaign.

I'm glad everyone is happy about tonight, it makes me feel better about the whole thing. For some reason, I've been feeling quite uneasy about the evening...

I guess it's just nerves.

I've never been to something like this before, I don't know what is expected of me. I guess I'll just have to pretend I know what I'm doing.

The first thing on that agenda, is to drive home, grab my outfit and head over to Ashlyn's place.

We're all getting ready there, well...almost all of us.

Selina, Damian, Callia, Luca, Emma and her partner (who I am yet to meet) are going to a different pre-party.

So, I'll be getting ready with Ashlyn, Georgie and Laura.

I continue the drive home with my music blaring, it calms me. I just have a mix from my phone plugged in, but the music pouring through the speakers of my car helps me to zone out a bit before I have to go and get dressed to the nines.

Let's hope tonight isn't a mess.

---

"Does everything look alright?" Laura asks, as I enter the grand foyer of Ashlyn and Andrew's mansion of a house.

She's wearing a dressing gown, and is the only girl in sight, the other two must be up in Ashlyn's room. I'm not entirely sure where all the guys are either.