Chapter 15 - Skill and Strategy

Hi guys! Here's another chapter for you all :) I'm thoroughly enjoying writing this novel again, and I hope you're all enjoying reading it!

Don't forget to vote an comment! I'll leave some questions at the end for you!

xoxo - Andrea

Chapter 15

I'd be lying if I said it was easy to convince Selina and Damian that they had powers.

Well, Damian wasn't too bad, he seems like a pretty nice guy the more that I get to know him. Selina though...It took a couple of hours to get through to her.

Let's just say, it was a long night.

Eventually, Selina came to terms with what was going on. I felt a bit sorry for her in the end, she looked exhausted, stressed and quite frightened. But she's on our side now. No doubt she'll be a bit of a handful, but now that she understands everything, I think we should manage to keep her under control.

We all parted ways in the early hours of the morning, Ashlyn dropped me back home and I quietly crept through the house up to my room. I didn't want to disturb my poor parents.

I kicked off my heels and fell asleep in my dress, the duvet pulled over me in a haphazard fashion.

It was quite a night.

****

I flick through my classics textbook as I sit at the marble kitchen counter the next morning. Sipping a strong coffee and searching for more clues as I plan how to spend my Sunday.

It's officially been a week since I came to the Cobalt Isles, the most affluent island in the Mediterranean. It's certainly growing on me, I feel a lot more comfortable living here, although I don't know if I'll ever get used to the beauty of it.

"Right...Poseidon, Ares and Demeter...where are you?" I mutter to myself, thinking through the possibilities of who these gods may be, who might have their powers.

I could be looking for three girls...three boys, a mix of both, who knows? Ever since Callia gained Zeus' powers, it's been hard to judge if there are going to be any more unconventional transferals.

I guess I'll just have to go with my gut feeling and figure it out from there.

I place my coffee down on the counter and tuck a few strands of auburn hair behind my ears, trying to help myself focus.

There is one thing for sure, everyone I've found so far have a fair bit in common with the god they seem to be connected to. The god they could be – I still have zero clue how exactly we are connected to them, hopefully I'll find this out sooner rather than later.

Damian with his limp and his metalwork skills, turned out to be Hephaistos. Lyke, the cheeky trickster and runner, was Hermes. So, could Poseidon be a top swimmer? A keen surfer? Could Ares be a bit of a rebel, someone with a short fuse? And Demeter, a lover of gardening or nutrition?

Who knows. But at least this could lead me down the right track.

"What about Luca and Marco?" I murmur, both were in my group earlier in the week. They got the headaches, Marco did say he got sick too, but told me just to forget about it.

Well, they've got to be the first people I go to. Even if they're none of the gods I'm looking for, chances are, they're still gods, just not part of the twelve Olympians.

Either way, it means trouble.

I slide off the leather barstool I've been perched upon for the last half hour and grab my cup and bowl, placing them by the kitchen sink to clean up later. I shut my classics book and tuck it under my arm before heading back into the lounge and up the sweeping staircase to my bedroom.