Chapter 25 - Perfect Places

Hey guys! This chapter may be a little short compared to other ones in this novel, but it's quite pivotal! I hope you enjoy it :)

10 votes for the next chapter please! (DC is number 115 on the charts at the moment and it would be awesome to keep it on there! xo)

- Andrea

Chapter 25.

"The time has arrived."

"They're coming."

"The spear was a lock. When you picked it up, you broke the seal. They were all unleashed. Now they're coming for you."

"You must prepare for battle. You're not alone. There are allies around you."

"They will arrive when the fates say it's so."

~~

Ten students stand on the dance floor.

Two are missing, still up on the balcony.

Three are restraining me, as I realise what I've done.

The other six are trying to keep a monster at bay.

A monster I have created.

The rest of the prom, all my classmates in their gorgeous dresses and perfectly pressed suits...

Have been turned to stone.

The night is young, and I've managed to make a massive mess of it all.

I have no idea how I'm going to fix this.

How did I get so angry?

I've never been like that before, I've been calm, level headed Amber...right?

In all of the chaos, I turn to Marco.

"What did that pomegranate do?!" I scream, my eyes wild and blood thirsty.

His eyes widen as he responds, "It was a trap! I saw someone place it on your table when you weren't looking."

"Who?!"

What on earth is going on. The whole theatre is filled with stone figures, one tyrant of a monster and ten gods in various states of disarray.

We watch as Selina and Luca run down the stairs, hoping to sneak back into a party that has officially ended.

"What the hell?!" Luca shouts, trying to smooth down his ebony hair.

Damian storms over to Luca and delivers an all mighty punch to his face.

"OW!" Luca cries, caught completely off guard by the usually calm boy.

"How about you tell me what you were up to with my GIRLFRIEND!" He yells, before delivering another punch.

Georgie and Ashlyn rush over to try and break up the fight.

"Damian! Stop! Please!" Selina cries.

"How could you Selina?! I loved you!"

I tear my eyes away from the tragedy and look back to what has become of Macy, as struggling monster on the ground as Laura, Andrew and Emma keep her pinned down.

I bury my head in my hands and let a small sob escape my lips.

Is this what was coming for us?

Me?

I got us all into this mess, and instead of helping us get out, I've ruined lives tonight.

I've reached rock bottom.