Chapter 14 - Cyprus

Hey guys! Here's the latest daily installment of DC! I hope you are enjoying it! And these updates make up for the absence of this novel for a while :)

- Andrea

Chapter 14

I thought my first clubbing experience would be a couple of years later in my life, amongst the local nightlife in my old town. Not here, in the Cobalt Isles, at the most exquisite club I've ever seen, and I'm only standing outside of it.

Ashlyn's eyes are bright, "Well this is exciting! I don't usually do this, especially during the semester."

Laura chuckles and ruffles her chocolate hair as we prep ourselves before entering Cyprus.

"I know what you're thinking..." She murmurs, "You need to calm down a tad Ash. We're on a mission."

Ashlyn's eyes roll, "Oh come on Laura!"
The two of them begin to bicker as we stand on the cobblestone sidewalk outside the club. We're waiting in line as the bouncer checks through everyone's ID, once again, the young legal age here manages to catch me off guard. You can get away with anything when your town is as affluent as this.

I shove my hands into my jacket pockets, squeezing my fingers together as I try to collect my thoughts amongst the music blasting out from the open door. I need to figure out how to get Selina and Damian out of this club, if they're even in there to begin with. Then, well, I must figure out if all my assumptions are right, try and figure out what to do with them after that.

I'm not particularly good at planning, and I thought Athena has strategy as one of her skills?!

You win some you lose some, I guess.

"You ready for this?" Lyke asks me, his eyes glinting as the lights surrounding the club flicker within his gaze.

I nod, "I guess?"

"You've never been to a club, have you?"

I shake my head, as Andrew rests a comforting hand on my shoulder.

"You'll be fine. Cyprus can be a bit overwhelming for a first night out, but I'm sure you can handle it."

"Yeah..." Lyke interjects, "If you can handle the sight of some of the stuff that happens in there, people in this town know how to get a little crazy."

"All the more reason why I don't want some unruly love goddess roaming around in there!" I gasp.

Yikes.

The five of us fall silent as we approach the bouncer. He towers above me, his physique more imposing in every way possible. He could probably throw out an unruly partygoer without batting an eyelid. I guess that's why he's employed here.

"Where are your ID's?" He asks, his voice booming over the thumping music that surrounds us.

We all flash him our ID's and he waves us through without a second glance. Easy as pie, it is perfectly legal here, after all.

I reach out and instinctively grab Andrews hand as we step into Cyprus. He wraps his fingers around mine and gives it a friendly squeeze.

"It's gonna be fine." He mouths, and I nod once in response.

The five of us share a look and split into groups, like we'd planned on the ride over.

Ashlyn heads over to the bar with Lyke, Laura uses her mind reading ability and searches for a secluded corner to try and filter through the crowd. Andrew and I approach the dance floor.

The club is a vision of pure insanity. The dark space is loud, crowded, sweaty and very hot. Bodies push up against mine as I try to push through to the dancing area in front of the DJ with Andrew.