Chapter 12 - Attraction

Chapter 12.

My parents have both left for the day by the time I sleepily pad down the marble staircase into the living room. I don't exactly know where they've gone to, seeing as it's the weekend. But I'm sure they've got a good reason for whatever they're doing.

I rub my eyes and drag myself to the kitchen, blindly fumbling around for a bowl, cereal, milk and a spoon as I try to make breakfast with a half open gaze.

The light is blinding me.

Last night was insane, this whole week has been insane!

No wonder I'm just about ready to collapse.

I make up a bowl of cereal and let out a giant yawn, extending my arms and arching my head back, trying to unknot my shoulders.

There's a knock at the door.

"Come in!" I yell, yawning again and placing the milk back in the fridge.

"Well, someone's a morning person." Andrew chuckles as he strides into the kitchen a few seconds later.

I roll my eyes and sit down on one of the barstools in by the bench, slowly eating a spoonful of some sugary flake brand.

"Don't start. I'm exhausted." I groan, resting my head down on the bench, narrowly avoiding my bowl of cereal.

I hear Andrew taking a seat beside me, and feel his hand lightly patting the top of my head.

"There, there." He jokes.

"I know I'm pathetic. I'm not very good at partying and then staying up to the early hours of the morning." I explain, my voice muffled by the bench.

Andrew laughs, "It's fine. I'm still a bit sleepy myself, but a run will probably do both of us the world of good. I left your clothing in the living room."

"Thanks." I reply, pushing myself up off the bench and attempting to eat my cereal again.

"Please, make yourself a drink or something if you'd like. Sorry I'm being a terrible hostess." I add, focusing more on Andrew as my body begins to properly wake up.

He smiles and runs a hand through his bronze, sun staked hair. In the morning sunlight, I can see streaks of gold show as he does this.

"It's fine, Amber." He replies, flashing me a friendly smile.

I sigh and eat another spoonful of cereal.

The two of us sit in perfect silence as I continue to eat. Andrew flicks through the morning paper, which must've been delivered earlier today.

"Look at this." He chuckles.

I peer over his shoulder at the news article he's pointing to.

Unprecedented Lightning Storm Shocks the Coast of The Cobalt Isles.

I look at him, "Callia?"

He nods, "We need to learn how to control our powers better. Especially if we've got people like Callia, who can manipulate the weather."

I sigh, "I suppose so. What do you think we should do?"

Andrew is quick to reply, "We should have a training day."

I grin, "Don't sound so keen, Mr Alford! Who knows what chaos would happen if we all worked on our powers at the same time."

"Yeah, it would probably get a bit messy."

"How about we focus on finding the rest of these Gods first, then we'll figure out our next move."

"Alright then."