Chapter 16 - Old Standards Die Hard

Hey guys! Here's the next daily update!

I hope you're enjoying everything so far :) Feedback would be lovely!

- Andrea

Chapter 16

"I still can't believe this." Luca mutters, taking a long sip from the strong coffee Laura made from him.

The three of us are lounging outside on the porch, Luca's sprawling pool shimmering a few meters away from us as the light summer breeze brushes against the water.

"I'm sorry I attacked you." I apologize, for the fifth time in the past hour. I still feel a bit terrible about that.

Luca chuckles, "You can stop apologizing Amber, it's fine."

I melt a little at the heart stopping smile that follows this comment. I never noticed it before, because I was quite intimidated by the guy, but Luca...He's quite easy on the eyes.

My mind keeps running over what happened at the end of our fight, when I was pressed up against the crisp white wall of Luca's lounge, him towering above me, under different circumstances...well...I wouldn't have minded it one bit.

Laura sniggers from her spot on the sun lounger beside mine.

I glare at her, cut it out! I can't control what my mind does, OK?!

She rolls her eyes and resumes sipping her drink.

"So, what do we do now?" Luca asks, "You still want to find Poseidon and Demeter, don't you?"

I nod, "Preferably today, If we can."

"We'll give it a shot." Laura adds.

"I can give you guys a hand if you'd like. I wasn't really planning on much today, so it would give me something to do."

"We'd really appreciate the help." I grin, "Do you have any ideas on who our two final Olympians could be?"

"Do you know Asthore Flay?" He asks the two of us.

I shake my head, whilst Laura nods.

"He's the best swimmer at the school." Laura explains, noticing the confusion in my mind at the mention of this guy's name.

"He's one of my best mates." Luca continues, "He got sick this week too. If you're looking for a Poseidon, I'd put my best bet on him."

"Well, that was easy! I can't believe I didn't think of that earlier." Laura muses, "Do you think you could meet up with him this afternoon and try to figure out if you're right?"

He shrugs, "I guess. Will you guys be sticking around for it?"

I'd quite like to spend the afternoon hanging out with Luca and figuring out if his friend is Poseidon, but we've also got to find Demeter. I'd quite like to achieve my three-god goal today.

"I think it'd be best if we split, Laura and I should probably try find Demeter."

"Seems fair, although it's gonna be tough pulling this off on my own." He admits, "I mean, I only just found out I'm Ares, how am I going to convince Asthore?"

"He does have a point." Laura mutters, smoothing out her blouse.

She pauses for a second, before adding, "With my talent, I think I could find Demeter myself. A few of my friends were away this week, so I might try and see if it's any of them. Amber, you should stay with Luca."

My eyes widen. "Really? You think you could do it by yourself?"

She rolls her eyes, "Come on, I'll be fine. I think Demeter will be a lot easier to deal with than Poseidon."