Chapter 29 - An Issue and An Arrow

Hey guys! We're at #83 on the Adventure charts now!

Please vote and comment to keep the novel up there, it would be amazing to get it up higher on the charts before the book finishes THIS WEEK! (eek.)

Over the next few days, there may be two updates a day! I hope you all don't mind this!

10+ votes for the next chapter please!

I hope you enjoy the chapter, I'd really love to hear your thoughts at the end of the chapter - please don't be a silent reader, I'd love to hear from all of you!

- xo Andrea

Chapter 29

"Amber, where did you go just now? We spent ages searching for you, it was like you just vanished from us." Ashlyn asks, grabbing my shoulders and shaking me a little as she stares into my eyes, checking to see if I'm still coherent.

I blink a few times, "I-I thought you all left me. The fog rolled in and you all disappeared."

"What happened to you? You look like you've seen a ghost." Selina asks, studying her nails at the same time.

"Selina, we've all seen ghosts today." Lyke reminds her.

My heart aches a little when I look at Lyke, he seems so different to the carefree boy that watched the night sky with me. It's like he's become more hardened, more sorrowful.

I'd hate to think that this is my fault. And I'm probably selfish to think that I have anything to do with his feelings. But I can't help but wonder...

"Well, at least we're all back together, that's all that matters right now." Andrew reminds us, "We're stronger as a team."

"Shall we keep pushing forward then?" Emma asks.

I nod, "Let's get out of here."

We begin to walk towards the end of the field, and I try to focus on the task at hand.

"You do need to make up your mind." Laura sighs, falling in step beside me as I hang a few footsteps back from the group.

Of course, she knows exactly what I'm thinking. I'm just grateful she hasn't told anyone else.

"I won't say a word. I get it, this is personal." She tells me, sounding extremely wise as the words leave her lips.

I smile at her, "Thank you Laura. What do you think I should do?"

"Forget about them. Just focus on what's important right now, and that's saving the Cobalt Isles. One of them will stand out to you when you least expect it. If you waste your time searching for something, chances are you won't find it."

"You're probably right." I groan.

She chuckles lightly, "And I thought Athena was supposed to be wise?"

I shrug, "I'm not very good at being myself, am I?"

"You'll get there. Just focus Amber, you've got this."

"Hey!" Luca shouts from up ahead, "We're coming up to a fork in the road!"

The right path leads to Elysium.

The left path leads to the unholy Tartarus.

We all come to a stop as we reach this fork.

"Well, it's obvious which path we're going down." Selina snaps, "Thank god we can avoid Tartarus completely. The heat would ruin my hair!"

Damian grins, "Is this seriously it? We just carry on down this path, reach the Blessed Groves and then get out of here?"