Chapter 17 - The Olympians

Hey guys! Thanks for all the feedback so far :) I really appreciate it!

- Thanks so much! Enjoy, xoxo Andrea

Chapter 17

"Georgie?" I exclaim, as Luca, Asthore and I step into Laura's lavish lounge that evening.

The tanned, vintage loving girl I became acquainted with earlier in the week is perched on one of barstools by the kitchen. She seems awfully calm, scrolling through her phone and picking away at a bowl of grapes on the counter-top. I guess Laura was good at breaking the news to her.

Laura grins as Georgie glances up at us.

"Yup, this is certainly Demeter. You should see her power!"

Georgie rolls her eyes, "It's not much. Compared to what you guys can do, but alright then."

We all watch as she points cautiously at the bowl of grapes. Suddenly, the empty stalks that had had grapes torn from them, become replenished. Juicy grapes growing back in their place.

"It's awesome, right?" Laura gushes, "We've got a never-ending food supply!"

"Well, I'd call that the best talent of the lot." Luca grins, striding over to the counter and grabbing a bundle of grapes out of the bowl.

Asthore nods in agreement, "I'd say."

I turn to Laura, "Have you- "

"Invited the others?" She answers, cutting in as she reads my thoughts again, "Yup. I did that a while ago. They should all be here soon."

I breathe a sigh of relief, "Wonderful! I can't believe it, we've found everyone."

She shakes her head, "Not everyone. There are certainly some other gods floating around."

"The owl in my dream did mention that." I sigh.

"I know. When I was out with the girls today, Tori's thoughts were troubled. I think she's been through something too."

"Well." I mumble, "Maybe we'll get some more answers tonight, then we can figure out how to deal with everything."

"Something terrible is coming." Laura breathes, sending a shiver through me. "I can feel it."

My eyes widen and I nudge her, "Laura! Stop it, you're freaking me out."

She presses her fingers against her temples, "I'm sorry. People think some messed up things. It freaks me out a bit."

I place a comforting hand on her shoulder, "I know. I'm sorry Laura. Surely we'll be able to find a way to get everything back to normal soon."

She nods slowly and crosses over to the kitchen, rummaging around in the draws until she pulls out a pack of Panadol.
"I've got a bit of a headache. I'll be in the sitting room when you need me."

Luca, Asthore, Georgie and I smile understandingly, watching as our friend exits the room with a glass of water and a couple of pills.

Luca glances at me from across the counter, resting his muscular arms against the wooden top.

"I know, I know." I groan, "I can see that these powers aren't going to be ideal in the long run."

"Poor Laura." Georgie sighs, replenishing the bowl of grapes for us again.

The four of us wait for the others, picking away at the grapes in silence, suddenly very concerned of what's to come.

For all of us.

***

It takes twenty minutes for everyone to arrive.

Selina and Damian saunter in first, followed by Ashlyn, Emma, Callia and Andrew. Lyke arrives a minute later, his shirt and hair ruffled from the run over.