Chapter 21 - Athena Reborn

Here's chapter 21! I hope you enjoy it :)

Thanks for all the feedback so far, I'm really enjoying interacting with you all! And if you have been a silent reader so far, feel free to say hi or flick me a private message! I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Enjoy this chapter....

- Andrea

Chapter 21.

Prom is looming.

Like a gaping black hole appearing on the horizon...waiting to suck up all your money.

And you do.

Hair.

Makeup.

Spray-tan.

Dress.

Shoes.

Transport.

Pre-drinks.

Ticket...

The list goes on.

I don't like to consider myself the cynical type, I love a good event where you can dress to the nines as much as the next girl, but sometimes, when I think about the logistics...well...my mind turns sour.

So does my bank account.

"So which dress are you going for? The open back...or not?" Emma asks Callia.

The whole 'team' is here.

Well, everyone except Marco. He's been keeping his distance, hopefully I'll be able to have another talk with him soon.

It's been a few days since my night with Luca, they've flown past in a blur.

Luca and I haven't done much since our kiss...I'm still not entirely sure what to make of it.

Do I want to take things further with him...or not? For the moment, I'll wait for him to make the next move.

He's sitting on the couch opposite the one I'm slouching against and the room is chaotic.

Emma, Callia and Georgie are discussing dress options. Ashlyn, Selina, and Laura are all putting the final touches to their prom queen campaigns.

The three of them have been at this for weeks, I haven't really thought about it though, I like to keep a distance from those kinds of battles.

Then there's Luca, chatting to Asthore and Andrew...And finally me, sitting beside Lyke and Damian who are deep in their own conversation about training.

I feel detached from the whole situation.

Just Amber, sitting on the inside, watching from the outside.

Wishing I had a drink in my hand, or something.

I've been on edge recently, just waiting. Waiting for it to arrive.

Luca winks at me when the others aren't looking, breaking me out of my daze.

I smile back, before sheepishly looking down at my hands, I don't know what else to do.

There's a light tap on my shoulder.

I glance up, to see Lyke giving me an odd look.

"What's up?" I ask.

He shrugs, "You just look a little out of it, that's all."

"Sorry." I sigh, "Just the usual, you know?"

"You're worrying again, aren't you?" He asks.

He's right. Even if I try denying it.

Damian gets off the couch and strides over to give Selina a hug from behind, leaving Lyke and I alone. She squeals with glee as he grabs her, they're quite a cute couple.