Chapter 34 - The Greatest Sacrifice

Hey guys! I'm a bit sad to say this, but the next chapter will be the last :( (unless you guys want an epilogue)

Thanks so much for all of your amazing support these past couple of weeks, don't forget to vote and comment!

I've attached the video of Last Hope by Paramore (LIVE) to this chapter because I think it's more beautiful than the recorded song, I hope it fits well with the chapter for you all xo

10+ votes would be awesome for the final chapter!

xo - Andrea

Chapter 34.

Ashlyn's P.O.V.

It's over.

It's finally over.

Every last one of them, scattered around the clearing, slowly being covered by the falling snow.

I let my bow drape by my side and walk across the clearing, taking in Tauren's fallen figure as she lays motionless on the ground.

The seven gods we took on are dead.

Tiger and Venus have been captured.

Macy has been decapitated.

But I still feel empty.

I thought something would happen now. That the stone figures in the city would come back to life, that my friends would suddenly heal, that my stomach would stop aching, that this would all just stop.

But it hasn't.

We stand in the snow, broken, lifeless, confused.

What do we do now? How do we return the Cobalt Isles to its pervious state?

How do I get my best friend back?

The answer is simple, realistic; We don't.

This isn't a fairy tale, and there isn't a happy ending for us, clearly.

"For some reason, I thought my dress would magically repair itself." Laura mutters, staring down at her torn white gown.

Georgie nods in agreement, clutching her shoulder in agony.

"I thought my arm would heal. I think my shoulder is dislocated."

I look up at the night sky and feel a tear escape the corner of my eye.

"What do we do now?"

Asthore comes to stand beside me, gently wrapping his arm around my shoulders.

"We should be thankful that we're all still alive."

"Not all of us." I respond, "Not Amber."

Some gods we turned out to be. At this moment, I feel more human than ever, fragile and broken both physically and mentally.

I turn towards the rest of the group, as Damian and Selina come into view.

"I know you didn't mean to do it, but that arrow wound hurts like hell." She tells me, from her position in her boyfriend's arms.

Suddenly, Georgie lets out a sharp gasp as Andrew's eyes roll back.

Something's happening to him, Apollo's oracular nature has finally returned.

'Go to the temple'.

That's all he says.

Then, my step-brothers' eyes refocus and he shrugs a little.