(Prologue)

Everyone, vampires excluded, dies eventually. We all know this. Death is inevitable, others welcome him sooner than others. The sad part is, most of the time, it’s the good who die quicker than the bad.

And when things die, they carry secrets to their graves, so then nobody knows about them. Whether it may be a treasure map, or a secret to prepare for that others need to know to stay in the world of living longer.

Death and secrets don’t exactly mix, do they? Especially when you think long and hard about it. If you die, and carry a secret that none know about, what’s the use? But if you live long enough to tell the secret, then die, then that one or few will go out and spread it.

This is what was rushing through the mind of Naomi, who was shot by the Kraang and in a state of stasis to try and live long enough to tell her companions her last huge secret. Her mind was shut off from anything outside and she retreated inward to her soul to protect what is hers.

At first, though, she felt pain and only pain. Then she thought about spilling everything she knew, but, thankfully, she didn’t because that was when she retreated into herself. The one safe haven she knew. Also the one place she thought she could get some answers. She got them, but she saw the results she didn’t like.

Now as this was going on, another Turtle named Reiley felt the aura around her being shift unexplainably. She knew instinctively that something went amiss, but she did not know it involved Naomi.

Because of learning Naomi’s curiosity trait, Reiley went to go see what the shift was. Before long, she would walk into a story that she never wanted it to end the way it does. Her time will start here, even though it began with Chris, now Dogpound, and Oroku Saki, nicknamed Shredder, for as long as she could remember.