Snakeweed

The next night was more relaxed and not as creepy. Sure enough, Naomi completely forgot about what happened the previous night, but she read my mind and shut up about the whole ordeal.

Now, we were all on a roof waiting for Donnie to call us. Mikey and I were sitting on the edge of the roof with our feet hanging down. I was swinging mine. Leo was looking at his T-Phone. Raph was standing with his arms crossed under a water tower. Naomi was on the water tower, her front shell on the tower and her facing out on the town and splayed like she was about to do a snow angel.

Finally, Leo’s T-Phone went off and we all got up, getting ready to run in the direction of Donnie’s instructions.

“Thanks, Donnie.” Leo nodded, hanging up and running to the edge. He jumped off and we all followed. Running to wherever Donnie said he was, we saw the giant weed that we called Snakeweed again.

We’ve actually been trying to corner him for some time between all the other things we had to deal with, but he always seemed to get away.

“Split up!” Leo called, turning a corner to close Snakeweed off.

Raph and Naomi turned a corner and then me and Mikey. Sophie went with Leo. We tried cornering him at an intersection, but he slipped through Naomi and Raph’s turn, so they couldn’t do anything.

I saw Naomi throw ninja stars, but they missed, for once, by a few centimeters as Snakeweed turned another corner. Donnie came from the opposite one.

We were all chasing him now and then the pizza guy came from nowhere on his scooter. He turned around and saw us all coming and screamed. Snakeweed jumped over him, snatching him away.

“Not the pizza guy!” Mikey cried. “Take Donnie!”

Ignoring it, Donnie looked at the rest of us, “He’s getting away again!”

Snakeweed turned down a blocked-off corner. He was trapped.

“Finally!” Sophie gasped.

“Let’s go,” Raph began running in.

“Whoa, Raph!” Leo caught him by the shell. “We’ll come in from the roofs and get him tangled in those clotheslines.”

“What?” Raph snapped. “That’ll take forever!”

Naomi grabbed my shell and looked at Sophie, then dragged me up to the roof anyway. We looked down the alley and saw there was no Snakeweed.

“Where’d he go?” I asked.

“Hmm,” Naomi sighed, backing up. “I’m not the only one who can just disappear.”

“Can’t you read his mind?” Sophie asked.

“It’s fuzzy.” Naomi replied. “I can’t get a good signal with it.”

“So your brain’s referring to other minds like a cell phone now, huh?”

“It can act like that.” Naomi nodded.

Then the boys jumped up on the roof as well, Leo and Raph a little flustered. They looked down the alley as well. Raph glared at Leo as Naomi jumped away into the night without anyone paying attention, except me because I seem to have a Naomi disappearing aid in me or something. Again, nobody followed her.